Co-Founder / Head of Engineering
- NA/Flexible, NA/Flexible, NA/Flexible, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Stake House is a plant-based foods startup focused on creating the world’s best whole-cut plant-based meats. We’re focused on innovating around plant-based meat production, creating new processes and machines for developing thick-cut plant-based meat. Stake House has a top-tier founding team and is backed by a prominent venture studio as well as an excellent advisory group of industry veterans.
Candidates will head the machine design process for the prototype manufacturing system. You’ll work directly alongside the CEO to design, prototype, test, and iterate upon the firm’s core manufacturing machinery and will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external resources to deliver this.
This will be the first hire in this function of the company. As our company grows, the Head of Engineering will hire a team and take on additional responsibility. This is a pre-seed-stage company, and early-stage hires will be compensated with significant equity stakes.
- Set and implement the strategy for designing a functional prototype machine. Develop KPIs and timeline.
- Design, simulate, and produce a functional manufacturing machine based on company designs.
- Manage/hire engineering team and consultants/contractors as necessary. Manage the budget for the engineering department.
- Attend and participate in fundraising meetings, representing the engineering side of the business for prospective investors; the ability to put engineering and scientific concepts and milestones into layman’s terms is crucial.
- Communicate clearly, frequently and broadly with all cross-functional stakeholders and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related relevant field
- Fluency with computer-aided design (CAD) and fluid mechanics
- Interest in/enthusiasm for commercializing alternative proteins. The team has a strong focus on ethics and sustainability
- Strong leadership ability and passion for creating/maintaining team-oriented culture
- Ideally has experience with either food manufacturing or other aseptic production processes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.