Writer / Editor
Level All is a well-funded, fast-growing media and technology company. Our mission is to build products and content that improves the outcomes of high school students in the United States. We are deeply passionate about our mission. Our teams work diligently to tackle some big and previously unsolved problems in Education.
We embrace inclusivity and are building a diverse team with people from a wide variety of cultural and life experiences.
We are looking for a creative Writer / Editor! You will have the opportunity to help shape our product and our voice. Your work can have a real world impact by guiding high school students discover new opportunities whether it’s on or off the college path.
- Write and edit high-quality articles and develop engaging content oriented to our audience
- Incorporate and implement feedback into articles ensuring the right tone of voice of the brand
- Describe technical information in a creative and informative way
- Use your writing and editing skills and experience to communicate on a wide array of college and college-related topics
- Research unfamiliar topics leveraging online resources
- Consider editorial packages of content – from articles to videos to visual storytelling
- Collaborate with project managers, research writers, production and other cross-functional team members
- Tackle all components of a editorial production from initial brainstorms and article development to headlines and QA efforts
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
**This is a full-time, temporary opportunity with the potential for long-term employment. This role is hybrid with 2-3 days working onsite (Midtown Manhattan).***
- 5+ years of online writing and editing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to write engaging headlines and think conceptually about an editorial package
- Ability to tailor content for a specific audience
- Ability to break down complex or dry topics and making them clear, interesting, and relatable
- Familiarity with multiple content formats, such as long-form articles, videos, short-form social posts, infographics, newsletters, and events
- Great attention to detail
- Agile, flexible, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities with tight timelines
- Prior experience with CMS and content management systems a plus
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- US work authorization (Level All does not provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.)
Compensation range: $45 - $55 per hour. This represents the expected compensation range for this job requisition. Ultimately, we will consider location, skills, relevant experience, and other job-related factors in determining our offer.
Level All is an Equal Opportunity Employer.