Commercial Assistant, APAC
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Years of experience: 3 to 5 years
- Activity: Fermentation nutrients
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre (www.lesaffre.com), with a €2 billion turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities.
On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, customers, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness, and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
The incumbent will manage the complete sales order cycle including all post-sales activities. You will work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to serve customers by providing product and service information while resolving product and supply chain issues effectively. You will be part of a multicultural & international environment and collaborate across different functions to facilitate successful delivery.
- Provide support to all customers to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and prompt response time.
- Coordinate the preparation of shipping documents & ensure timely delivery of products to customers by anticipating and communicating client’s expectations to our plants, quality, and warehouse teams.
- Handle and record customers’ samples requests, follow up and push sales for feedback if needed.
- Prepare weekly sales reports, monitor orders in the system, insure on time cash collection.
- Obtain forecast from sales manager/Customers & monthly update of rolling forecast for the demand planner.
- Manage customers claims effectively in cooperation with the support of Quality teams & Sales managers.
- Liaise with colleagues from HQ, Sales & Marketing, Account Receivables, Finance teams to follow up on logistics, new regulations communication to customers, and credits matters.
- Support and involved in business prospection activities in line with our Strategic plan, mapping applications / prospects / countries and define priorities.
- Help business visits and meetings organization, team activities and propositions.
- Travels logistic support to sales team and visitors (visas, insurance, hotel, office cards, wifi codes, etc..).
- Support exhibition and business conferences preparation, goodies.
- Other business supports needs assigned by the Head of Business to promote our activity in the region.
Experiences and education
- 3 - 5 years working experience in import/export role preferably from international trading company or in a MNC environment.
Competencies / attitude / skills
- Solid experience in logistics operations & knowledge of customer service will be an advantage.
- Familiar with customs procedure in food/ biopharmaceutical products & export documentation (e.g. Letter of Credit, Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, Export Letter of Credit orders, Preferential Certificate of Origin, Export Permit, preparation of banking documents using Trade Services online banking system etc..).
- Positive, dynamic attitude, able to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, meticulous, problem solving, patience and willingness to help demanding customers.
- Able to work both independently and as a team player with customers & world-wide cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, curiosity, and interest to learn from our business and take on more responsibilities through the time.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Full proficiency in English is required.
- Competence in French or additional Asian language skills optional.
- Good knowledge of SAP (incl. C4C CRM), Microsoft office.