TECHNICAL APPLICATION SPECIALIST (CENTRAL ASIA)
- İstanbul, Turkey
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Years of experience: 3 to 5 years
- Activity: Baking
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for baking, food taste & pleasure, health care and biotechnology. Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet. In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10,000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in 50 countries. Lesaffre achieves a turnover of more than 2 billion euros.
Technical Application Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to Lesaffre distributors and customers within Central Asia to meet their needs and/or complaints related with products.
· Presents technical solutions for customer queries and explains the execution process of solutions on site.
· Conducts benchmark analyses for various product samples collected from the market to understand the position of current products against competitors, plans and performs related tests, reports and shares the results with related departments,
· Takes an active role in innovation projects within MECA Baking Center; performs, completes and reports related processes,
· Visits customers with various purposes such as conducting demo trials, testing products which are subject to a complaint, observing production or recipe application processes, giving technical trainings to bakery owners and their staff, and etc., depending on the content of technical missions requested by Export Sales teams.
· Opens technical missions for queries of Central Asia Export Sales team to cover customer demands and/or complaints, initiates actions after getting approval of MECA Baking Center Director for technical mission, performs pretests before field visit and prepares product samples if necessary.
· Prepares reports for activities performed in the field for customers and shares with related stakeholders.
· Keeps in touch with customers through all possible communication channels and supports them for their needs and requests.
· Performs new product development trials and their technical validations for formulations and recipes developed by Formulation Manager according to the queries of sales teams.
· Collaborates with Formulation teams for product development and/or improvement processes when it is necessary to meet customer demands.
· Tests, validates and approves new products at bakeries within the assigned territory.
· Follows recipe and process rules while performing product tests, and ensures that all related stakeholders follow related procedures.
· Prepares technical report about validation status of new products, evaluates the report with MECA Baking Center Director and shares the final version with related export sales team.
· Collects flour, ingredient, yeast and bread samples from the field, performs related tests and analyses for the samples, and monitors test results.
· Organizes regular customer visits within assigned territory and sustains the relationships.
· Supports activities and receptions organized for customers, in MECA Baking Center.
· Fulfills MECA Baking Center activity files on monthly basis to record the tasks of Baking Center team.
· Collaborates with Baking Center teams within the region for various projects developed within the MECA Baking Center itself.
· Completes other tasks and responsibilities assigned by management in compliance with his/her skills, abilities and experiences.
· Min. bachelor degree from a related department of a reputable university (Food Engineering, Chemistry, etc.)
· Min. 5 years of experience in industrial companies, also has know-how on yeast and ingredients,
· Good command of technical details related to bakeries, bakery equipment, and bread production,
· Fluency in Turkish, English and Russian is a must.
· Analytical minded, team worker, customer oriented,
· It is important to be residing in Istanbul.
- Good communication skills with customers and local teams.
- Ability to relate to different levels of the organization, teamwork, and collaborative spirit.
- Methodical, agile, analytical mind and synthesis allowing to clearly identify the needs and expectations of the project to propose the best adapted solutions, in line with group standards.
- Autonomous and Dynamic.
- Conflict management and negotiation.
- Expository and communication skills in both Turkish, English and Russian.
- Available for travel inside the region, up to 30 to 40% of the time.