Regulatory Affairs Manager, APAC
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Years of experience: 5 to 10 years
- Activity: Baking
Founded in 1853, Lesaffre is an independent, family-owned group based in France, and a leading global provider of baker’s yeast and yeast extract products.
It employs over 10 500 persons on five continents and markets bakery, taste improvement, health and nutrition, fermentation and brewery products and services.
As part of its development plan in Asia-Pacific, Lesaffre Yeast and Baking Solution, based in Singapore, is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Manager, APAC to provide support to its team.
Reporting to the General Manager of APAC, you will be in charge of the APAC Regulatory Affairs, providing strategic advice on risks and opportunities to deliver market growth & innovation. The Regulatory Affairs Manager ensures that the Group is compliant with all regulations and laws applicable to Lesaffre.
- Ensure that Lesaffre and its baking products remains in full compliance with all regulations.
- Be the go-to contact for any regulatory matters in APAC.
- Coordinate and follow-up products registrations in the region and implement necessary approach to speed-up process and bring clarity.
- Create, maintain, and update relevant regulatory database around compliance and labelling for formulation, QA, and marketing departments.
- Provide regulatory approvals and recommendations for all NPD & new launch projects regarding labels and formulation development.
- Liaise with APAC subsidiaries and factories departments (QA & packaging) in France and APAC to provide necessary regulatory requirements and solve any blocking points.
- Provide Regulatory support to the APAC team (new projects, product development, compliance, labelling and claims).
- Coordinate internally and externally with stakeholders in Formulation, R&D, Marketing and Sales to ensure products meets regulation.
- Support Lesaffre distributors and customers in regulatory and technical matters.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of regulations and processes, product registration, import and export laws; related to food ingredients within the regional team
- Conduct regulatory watch and monitor legislation & international development which may affect our products import/export.
- Collaborate and engage with regulatory affairs colleagues globally.
- Participate to the market access strategy implementation of our product and anticipate any constraint in relation to the regulation.
- Anticipate and integrate the growing stakes and constraints of market access.
- Represent Lesaffre in Professional associations meetings and special events.
- Build Lesaffre regulatory network in the region (authorities, representants, professionals associations).
- Master of Science in Food Technology, Law, Chemistry or Science.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food/food ingredients product regulatory affairs.
- Knowledge of the legislations in countries within the Asia Pacific region for food, food additives and food ingredients (labelling, registration, compliance etc.).
- Existing network of contacts or experience in working with Regulatory Authorities and National Authorities in Asia Pacific will be an advantage.
- Good Analytical skills, well organized, a good sense for details.
- Strong verbal and written communication at multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently, identify & solve problems, and also engage others to accomplish projects.
- Fluent in English, with the ability to communicate in French and/or Asian languages is a plus
- Travel activity required (regional / HQ in France)