R&D Microbiology internship (F/H)
- 59700 Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type: Internship - Stage
- Activity: Fermented beverages
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10 700 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.
"Screening and characterization of amylolytic non-Saccharomyces yeast strains ". Intern will be part of the Microbiology team of R&D Biotech Center, Lesaffre International
- Develop, validate and perform a fast-track robust amylolytic test, adapted to non- Saccharomyces yeast (based on phenotypical or enzymatic analyses).
- Confirming amylolytic activities in liquid and solid-state fermentation models.
- Characterize candidate strains by multiple in vitro approaches e.g. kinetic of amylolytic ability, determining α/β/γ amylase activities by qPCR approach.
- Analyse experimental data, develop SOPs, technical and scientific reports. Present results to the team.
- Interact to other R&D services and business unit team players.
- Respect timelines and lab organisation.
- Support routine microbiology and lab organization activities.
Qualifications and profile requirements:
- Must be a master degree student or last year engineer student in Microbiology or Biotechnology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the bench lab with microorganisms.
- Knowledge in classical microbiology (culture and manipulation) and molecular biology techniques (DNA extraction and PCR/qPCR).
- Enjoyed working in a diverse and collaborative environment.
- Open minded, curious, organized and dynamic.
- A first experience in yeast manipulation and fermentation will be an asset.
- Good English written and oral skills.
Location : Lesaffre R&D Facilities located at Marcq en Baroeul and Loos.
Duration: 6 months, starting from March-April 2021.
All our positions are open to persons with disabilities