PHILEO APAC POULTRY TECHNICAL MANAGER
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Years of experience: 5 to 10 years
- Activity: Animal care
Founded in 1853, Lesaffre is an independent, family-owned group based in France, and a leading global provider of baker’s yeast and yeast extract products.
It employs over 10 500 persons on five continents and markets bakery, taste improvement, health and nutrition, fermentation and brewery products and services.
As part of its development plan in Asia-Pacific, Phileo is looking for an experienced Poultry Technical Manager, aiming at developing Phileo products and solutions sales in APAC region (and sporadically in AfMECA) in all Poultry segments and in close liaise with local Customer Solution Manager and Area Managers.
This position reports to the Phileo Director of Phileo APAC-AfMECA.
Support to commercial teams
- Provides technical training to Phileo staffs and distributors, making the necessary preparations;
- Support technical & sales teams in gaining new business and maintaining existing clients by effective application of our products;
- Contributes to the management of selected key accounts by customizing technical services and by providing specific technical support, organizing intervention of Phileo Global Poultry Manager and/or R&D team members when needed;
- Orchestrates field evaluations of Poultry products, including product improvements or new products;
- Contributes to the preparation of articles, newsletter and technical documents in equation with regional specific needs, to help products promotion and through close collaboration with Phileo Global Poultry Manager and Poultry Product managers;
- Consults with the R&D team for the writing and publishing of local academic papers;
- Involvement and speaking at industry, distributor or customer meetings is a part of the necessary networking.
Technical services to customers
- Responsible for providing technical information and support to all new, existing, and potential accounts, to improve customer relationship;
- Corrects application problems that arise and provides technical service to distributors, customers, and other technical representatives in person and via e-mails or telephone, and ensures customer satisfaction with proper follow-up after a service call;
- Conducts, monitors, analyses and reports field trials with current products for poultry, alone or in collaboration with Global Poultry manager and R&D;
- Communicates technical information through sales call reports or technical service reports;
- Proposes conviction trials that meet customer practice and anticipate competition, supports local team in the implementation and follow-up of these trials.
- Makes sure to maintain updated knowledge of processes or ingredient changes in the livestock feed and production industries is compulsory.
Contribution to product portfolio management
- Participates in the construction of competitive product range and innovation programs considering market data, key opinion leaders advices, technical evidences established via field trials and scientific data collected;
- Proposes, follow and adapt innovation programs and products in close collaboration with PHILEO Global Poultry Manager, R&D team and area managers;
- Contributes with R&D team and PHILEO Global Poultry Manager to the prioritization process of Poultry R&D projects based on market and gap analysis;
- Proposes trials to R&D team that answer market needs and anticipate competition, supports R&D in the implementation and follow-up of these trials;
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research, product application and line extension projects;
- Manages and develops a network of key opinion leaders so to identify potential innovations that could fit with market analysis led by PHILEO Global Poultry Manager.
Contribution to market analysis and marketing strategy
- Follow-up market innovations and product positioning of competing companies on the expertise domain so to identify emerging trends and market needs;
- Identify market needs, opportunities and key success factors;
- Propose Poultry strategy to the Regional Director and the Phileo Global Poultry Manager to compete in the domain of expertise;
- Contribute to the implementation of the Poultry strategy with commercial teams.
Experiences and education
- Agricultural engineer, veterinarian specialized or PhD in the Poultry domain with nutrition background.
- Minimal practical experience of 5 years is required.
Technical and Behavioural skills
- The position requires the ability to influence through indirect leadership, be a strong and diplomatic communicant, adaptable, open minded and creative. Commercial and marketing mindset. Thorough understanding of probability and statistics. Ability to use statistical programs is a plus.
- The incumbent must possess a strong working knowledge of Poultry nutrition, production methods and/or diseases issues and be able to apply this knowledge to make the proper analyses, decisions and objective recommendations on the use of our products in the field, analyze livestock feed and production issues, explain and demonstrate products, make objective recommendations to correct problems while maintaining awareness of customers’ needs, concerns and quality expectations. Excellent analytical skills are required to solve certain technical problems for major customers.
- English is essential; any other language is a plus.
- The job is based preferably in Singapore. Alternative location in Asia could be evaluated.
- International travels requiring at least 50% of the time. Normal hazards and conditions consistent with such travel. Weekend and early/late working hours may be required.
- Intermittent exposure to noise, odors and temperature extremes in feed manufacturing and livestock production facilities.
- Fluent in English, with the ability to communicate in French and/or Asian languages is a plus
- Travel activity required (regional / HQ in France)