TEAM MANAGER & SENIOR SCIENTIST - Animal Microbiota & Immunology - M/F
- Loos, France
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Years of experience: 10+ years
- Activity: Animal care
Backed by 30 years of experience and a global staff of 170 people, Phileo is a major player on the animal nutrition, health and welfare market.
Working at the crossroads of nutrition and animal health, Phileo designs, develops and delivers innovative nutritional solutions to enhance animal health and performance.
Our innovative capacity and knowledge of the manufacturing processes enable us to meet the most stringent demands of industry and livestock production.
Thanks to our global presence, we aim to stay close to our customers and able to adapt readily to their needs.
As part of the R&D Team of Phileo by Lesaffre, we are looking for a Senior Scientist with strong experience and knowledge within animal gut microbiome and immune system crosstalk for optimizing animal health through nutrition. The position includes the management of the team dedicated to the determination of mode of action of our products. The team is responsible of the implementation and development of Microbiome science, Immunology and Toxicology knowhow. This includes design, set-up of assays and analysis of results. The team is working closely with Phileo R&D species Managers, providing support to develop in-vitro assays, identify biomarkers and guide assessment of product performances. The team is also highly involved in the valorization of the scientific results though oral and written communications.
- Develop and structure our expertise in animal microbiota, immunology and gut health;
- Coordinate in-vitro assays including animal gut models development, immunology and inhibition of pathogens;
- Promote new ideas and keep up-to date with newest technologies in the field of omics (sequencing technologies, genomics, metagenomics…) and immunology including instrumentation, protocols, and bioinformatics analysis;
- Identify collaborations and lead scientific programs with external entities (University, Institutes…)
- Take part in the translation of scientific data in marketing messages within multidisciplinary teams and valorize data through publications and scientific communications
- Bring scientific support to the whole R&D team, regulatory affairs, and marketing departments;
- Lead and manage the team including remotely;
- Handle a clear and regular reporting;
- Handle the budget for the activities and projects of its team;
· With a high-level scientific background (MSc, DVM or PhD) in Animal Microbiota, Animal physiology, Microbiology or Immunology and at least 10 years’ experience in animal health & nutrition sector.
· Strong expertise in gut microbiome and in Omics technologies (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics) and bioinformatics analysis of animal gut microbiota composition.
- Ideally you have experience in the field of animal probiotics and demonstration of their mode of action.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, have abilities to thrive in a dynamic matrix research environment, to maintain project focus, and to complete projects on schedule
- Able to drive people and performance, to motivate teams, promoting team spirit and encouraging initiatives;
Position preferably based in Loos (59)
All positions are open to people with disabilities.