Africa Ingredients product Manager
- 59700 Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Temps complet
- Type de contrat: Permanent Contract
- Expérience: 10 ans et plus
- Activity: Baking
Description de l'entreprise
Founded in 1853, Lesaffre is an independent, family-owned group based in France, and a leading global provider of baker’s yeast and yeast extract products.
It employs over 10 000 persons on five continents and markets bakery, taste improvement, health and nutrition, fermentation and brewery products and services.
Lesaffre Africa sales team is spread throughout Africa with a supporting team based in France. Reporting to the Africa Sales Director, your main mission will be to achieve short and long-term ingredient strategic objectives of LESAFFRE in Africa to maximize our market position and optimize the profitability.
Description du poste
- You develop a performing Ingredient portfolio:
- You analyze the market and future trends to understand the expectations of our customers and adapt the product range accordingly.
- You work with the technical & formulation Baking platform to create and test new products according market needs
- You develop the sales argumentation and build a marketing plan with the support of Africa marketing team
- You analyze, plan and control the "Product Life Cycle"
- You participate actively in potential acquisition/green field projects in Africa
- In relation with the local production sites and the group purchase team, you optimize the competitiveness and propose the pricing policy.
- As the Product Expert and referent of your portfolio, you train the salespeople and you support them in their negotiations with the main customers.
- In collaboration with the sales team you develop the budget and the commercial objectives to be reached
- You monitor and analyze sales results, margins, changes in market share and provide monthly reporting to the General Management
- You collaborate with the Ingredient Global team on different projects, specifically for innovation pipeline.
Post graduate degree with a strong focus on marketing / product management
About 10 years of experience in product management, ideally in the breadmaking/ baking ingredients sector
Fluent in English and French
- Customer oriented and ability to position products against competitors
- Creative, analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Figures & financing analysis
- Knowledge of product development, innovation process
- Excellent communication skills and experience in management
- Ability to work as a team to set goals, solve problems and make decisions that will make the entity more efficient
- Ability to adapt to other cultures
Enjoy working in an international team and willingness to travel (>30%) in Africa