Project Engineer and Lean/Safety Coordinator (24 months)
- Elmshorn, Germany
- Contract type: VIE
- Activity: Baking
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10 700 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.
After a training period, to know and to understand the production processes, the VIE will be involved in supporting the management team concerning safety, lean production, maintenance and projects.
• Lead, define and develop lean management activities designed to improve performance
• Perform safety audits and follow up of action plans and documentation, reporting Groups monthly safety KPIs, contribute to the LeSaffre safety community.
• Implementation/maintenance of safety routines and documentation and development of actions aiming to improve our safety culture
• Organize production planning in cooperation with the production manager
• Report on progress of projects and actions necessary to ensure success
• Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Produce written reports and make presentations
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- English : fluent
- German : minimum basic and will to improve is required. Fluency is a real plus.
- Knowledge and compliance with the Health and Safety policies.
- Participation in the running of the team and the co-operative as a whole
- Ability to work as part of a team and actively participate in team decision making.
- Ability to take on responsibility, and complete tasks set through to the end.
- Being organized and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to share and exchange information with others.
- Being open-minded and ability to integrate quickly in the team.
The company covers the cost of a round-trip ticket (economy class) to VIE home country per each 12-month assignment.
VIE program - Eligibility conditions :
To learn more about the VIE program and eligibility conditions : https://www.civiweb.com/EN/le-volontariat-international/VI_CONDITIONS.aspx
* * *
All your information will remain confidential under the Equal Employment Opportunity Directives.
All our jobs are open to people with disability.