Capital Markets Analyst / Associate
- Shoreditch High St, Hackney, London, UK
Finance is one of the last great stale service industries, and customers are suffering for it. Lendable is building a modern financial institution from scratch using technology, data science and attitude!
Our first product is offering personal loans. We have built the world's fastest consumer lending platform, powered by real-time, automated credit decisions and continuous risk pricing. How fast? Our relentless drive to automate and improve processes allows customers to apply for and receive their loan in well under 10 minutes on average (instead of days or weeks).
We are well funded, profitable and one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Whilst others have stalled, we’re still lending and growing the business, hiring through lock down (20% increase in staff during the lockdown alone!) and busily working on two exciting new product launches for later this year - all without the need for any government Covid support.
We have a unique, enthusiastic culture: we give talented and curious individuals the opportunity to stretch themselves and work in an environment that encourages personal development.
Lendable is a marketplace lender and the Capital Markets team plays a key strategic role in ensuring that the business is fully and efficiently funded. In the last 3 years we have put in place over £1Bn in funding arrangements from leading institutional partners including Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Natwest Markets, and many others. Additionally, in 2019, Lendable launched its own dedicated credit fund, further diversifying and strengthening our funding sources.
As well as its focus on funding the business, the Capital Markets team also plays a key role in setting the firm’s strategic agenda and executing on corporate development projects.
The things you'll be involved in:
- Assist in developing Lendable's capital markets strategy to fund in excess of £1bn per annum by 2021
- Manage strategic funding projects on tight timeframes through to execution
- Originate and execute new transactions (including direct lending through forward flow agreements, private and public asset backed financing arrangements, and new fund launches)
- Manage investor relationships (including banks, investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds, high net worth investors and family offices)
- Arrange and run due diligence sessions for new investors
- Assist in the running of the Lendable fund
- Support senior management and founders on the assessment of strategic initiatives and corporate development projects
What we're looking for:
- Experience in structured finance, investment banking, consultancy, credit analysis or similar environment (will consider exceptional graduates with relevant work experience for the analyst position)
- Strong modelling skills; experience in modelling loan portfolios and structured finance a plus
- Experience in managing complex transactions or processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a close attention to detail
- Excited about opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and have a real impact on the business
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- A short exercise to complete in your own time
- Video Interview
- Discuss the exercise you completed
- Meet the capital markets team
- Meet some of the executive team / co-founders
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build a new and improved financial institution from scratch!
- A best in class compensation package
- Cycle to Work scheme
- An open and honest culture with flat hierarchy
- Personal development and learning time
- A fun and inspiring work environment
- A multi-cultural team made up of dozens of different nationalities and backgrounds
- A unique office - one of the largest lofts in Shoreditch - with a fully stocked fridge and kitchen (we hope to be back there soon!)
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable one of the most inclusive and open workspaces in London