Project manager, sustainability
- 3500 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H4C 1H2, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
A Canadian leader in architecture and design, Lemay has seen spectacular growth and exciting transformation in recent years.
At Lemay, we believe in design’s unique value to create open and meaningful space to grow. We commit to every design problem with curiosity, invention, and a generous spirit to uncover hidden opportunities. We are a team of transdisciplinary change-makers creating planet-friendly spaces for people and their communities.
We take pride in the diversity of our team in terms of ethnicity, culture, religion, aboriginal status, sexual orientation, disabilities, gender identity, and age. We are committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive working environment for all members of our team so that each person feels respected and valued.
Our core purpose : to design generous spaces that create meaningful impact.
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible group insurance program (health, dental, medical, paramedical insurance);
- $1,008 to invest as needed (health and wellness management accounts, RRSP/DPSP);
- Payment of membership fees to your professional associations;
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation;
- Paid office closure between Christmas and New Year;
- Hybrid and remote work policy at all times;
- Summer and flexible hours year round;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Internal training available to all employees (Lemay Academy);
- Integration course paired with a Lemay employee;
- Online training platform and gym in some offices;
- Telemedicine platform;
- Up to 70% off monthly public transit passes.
Within the Sustainable Strategies team and in collaboration with Lemay disciplines and project partners (customers, engineers), you will be responsible for coordinating several mandates related to certifications such as LEED, WELL, Envision, Fitwel. This position will expose you to projects from all markets (residential, commercial, transportation, urban planning, hospitals, etc.), disciplines (architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, urban planning/urban design), and regions (Quebec, Ontario, western Canadian) of the organization while stimulating your leadership within the framework of Lemay's NET POSITIVE corporate approach.
This position includes the coordination of several production resources for the delivery of mandates, as well as their training in certification requirements.
How you will make an impact
The candidate will be called upon to support the firm's various project teams. His/her responsibilities will be as follows:
- Take charge of the mandates from the signature of the contract to the delivery of the project (certification)
- Be the client's main contact for sustainable strategies and certification mandates;
- Take charge of the administrative and financial follow-up of certification mandates in conjunction with the discipline director;
- Coordinate the production of required deliverables in conjunction with the members of the sustainable strategies team, the Lemay transdisciplinary team, partners and the client;
- Support the various stakeholders in the integration of sustainable strategies and LEED, WELL, Fitwel requirements, mainly for new public and private buildings;
- Identify opportunities for sustainable strategies and propose solutions to projects;
- Produce the technical documentation required for LEED, WELL, Envision, Fitwel certifications for the various audits;
- Coordinate and track compliance for LEED, WELL, Envision, Fitwel credits;
- Conduct research on LEED, WELL, Envision, Fitwel rating systems and other sustainable initiatives;
- Participate in the firm's technical watch and act as an internal reference for issues related to sustainable strategies;
- Participate in the development and implementation of Lemay's NET POSITIVE approach.
What you'll stand out
- University degree in architecture or related field such as engineering or construction;
- Between 7 and 10 years of experience in project management and LEED coordination (required);
- Good knowledge of the application of LEED, WELL or Envision certifications and their impacts on real estate projects;
- Significant experience on LEED, WELL certified real estate projects is required;
- LEED AP (BD+C specialty), WELL AP or Envision SP accreditation (an asset);
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Very good writing skills;
- Good organizational skills, rigor and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrate autonomy, flexibility and versatility.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.