Site supervisor, architecture
- 3500 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H4C 1H2, Canada
A Canadian leader in architecture and design, Lemay has seen spectacular growth and exciting transformation in recent years.
At Lemay, we believe in design’s unique value to create open and meaningful space to grow. We commit to every design problem with curiosity, invention, and a generous spirit to uncover hidden opportunities. We are a team of transdisciplinary change-makers creating planet-friendly spaces for people and their communities.
We take pride in the diversity of our team in terms of ethnicity, culture, religion, aboriginal status, sexual orientation, disabilities, gender identity, and age. We are committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive working environment for all members of our team so that each person feels respected and valued.
Our core purpose : to design generous spaces that create meaningful impact.
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible group insurance program (health, dental, medical, paramedical insurance);
- $1,008 to invest as needed (health and wellness management accounts, RRSP/DPSP);
- Payment of membership fees to your professional associations;
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation;
- Paid office closure between Christmas and New Year;
- Hybrid and remote work policy at all times;
- Summer and flexible hours year round;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Internal training available to all employees (Lemay Academy);
- Integration course paired with a Lemay employee;
- Online training platform and gym in some offices;
- Telemedicine platform;
- Up to 70% off monthly public transit passes.
The field of construction holds no secrets for you and you have experience in architecture? As a skilled communicator as well as a negotiator, coordinating work under tight deadlines stimulates you? Do you want to participate in the realization of major projects and work in a transdisciplinary environment to continue to develop your skills?This might interest you!
At lemay, we have projects in almost all sectors (public, private, transport, etc.) but this position is to fill a need for a secondary school project in Chambly (111 M) . Once the phase is over, you can continue to work in learning environment projects or in other sectors.
How you will make an impact
- Monitor worksite in accordance with contract documents;
- Administer contractor’s contract;
- Verify shop drawings;
- Prepare change notices and manage their negotiation;
- Handle correspondence related to construction work;
- Draft minutes of worksite meetings and meetings with the owner;
- Verify requests for payment and the issuance of payment certificates;
- Produce recommendations for the owner regarding the issuance of provisional; and definitive acknowledgment of receipt for work.
What will set you apart
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in architecture;
- At least 5 years of experience in site supervision;
- Precision and professionalism;
- Team player, autonomous and proactive;
- Curious and creative problem-solver;
- Ability to manage work within tight deadline.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.