- 340 12 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 1L5, Canada
Creative thinking. Collective value.
Lemay brings together a team of architects and designers, leaders and change-makers driven by passion and compassion. We approach every design problem with curiosity, invention and a generous spirit to uncover hidden opportunities. We believe that everyone needs and deserves meaningful space to grow.
Do you enjoy performing a variety of tasks and playing a key role in the company's business development? Do you have good organizational skills and want to join an exciting and diverse field? Are you recognized for your ability to write engaging content? The following might be for you!
We are looking for a Proposal Specialist to develop creative, compelling and engaging proposal responses for local and national project pursuits. Someone who can bring fresh, innovative ideas and the ability to uncover solutions despite the constraints. This role requires a focused individual who is an organized self-starter and has the confidence to work with multiple stakeholders at once.
What you will accomplish with us
- Analyze and understand requirements of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Expressions of Interest (EOI) and prepare responses and submissions
- Organize kick-off meetings for submissions
- Plan and develop meaningful responses through research, technical writing and editing. Ensure thoughtful, strategic content development
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and corporate personnel to manage content for responses and submissions
- Coordinate internal team members and external partners and discipline consultants
- Write content and craft layouts
- Edit and proofread documents to ensure accuracy, clarity, consistency, readability, appropriate tone and consistency with company guidelines and standards
- Coordinate debrief sessions and ensuring feedback influences future pursuits
- Monitor tenders on sites such as MERX, SEAO, Biddingo, etc., under the supervision of the Director;
- Produce various administrative documents (letters, presentation documents, follow-up tables, timesheets, curriculum vitae, etc.);
- Format presentation documents in various software programs (InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Maintain templates and written content library
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you need
- Experience in a marketing role within an architecture or design firm is preferred
- College or university degree in writing, languages, translation, journalism, communication, marketing, administration or any other related field
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience in writing, marketing and communications and project coordination;
- Experience in design and/or architecture is an asset
- Mastery of Adobe InDesign is a must
- Knowledge of graphic design is an asset
- Demonstrated multitasking abilities and can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills
- Detail-oriented and excellent communicator.
- Responsive, assertive, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
- Strong writing, editing, or graphic skills are a must.
- Availability to work outside of office hours occasionally.
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive salary and bonus program;
- Flexible group insurance plan (health and dental insurance, health and well-being management accounts);
- Payment of professional association membership fees;
- 3 weeks of vacation;
- Flexible schedule and summer schedule;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Creative work environment.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.