- 3500 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H4C 1H2, Canada
Creative thinking. Collective value.
A leader in architecture, design and development, Lemay has seen spectacular growth and exciting transformation in recent years. Driven by design excellence and deeply committed to its net-positive approach, the firm delivers outstanding projects that have won over 400 awards and distinctions.
Passionate about architecture and urban design, the candidate will be called upon to work on various projects. The ideal candidate will have developed expertise in urban or semi-urban site development design, preparation of real estate master plans, particularly in commercial, residential, and mixed markets.
What you’ll do
- Carry out studies of potential and specialized urban development studies;
- Design and develop pre-project documents;
- Prepare master planning documents;
- Participate in the design of urban integration studies;
- Design solutions to conceptual architecture and planning problems for various projects (transportation, real estate, landscape, etc.);
- Develop a narrative and conceptual framework, argued and illustrated at the scale of the urban project;
- Ensure production of technical documents and summary reports
- To study development statistics ;
- Verify zoning regulations and the Building Code in order to ensure projects’ compliance;
- Participate in the preparation of construction and planning cost estimates;
- Direct and participate in meetings and draft minutes as needed;
- Participate in preliminary project development phases;
- Coordinate the work of contributors such as engineers, urbanists, landscape architects, traffic specialists, etc.
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate degree in architecture; urban planning, urban design or environmental design;
- Master’s degree in urban design or urban planning;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in urban design;
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Excellent knowledge of the modeling software Sketchup, or Rhino (or other);
- Excellent knowledge of the Office Suite and Adobe (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop);
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and 3D data visualization software (assets)
- Creativity and innovation and have worked on a range of award-winning projects (provide portfolio);
- Proven leadership and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Quality of graphic expression of drawings, renderings and reports (supporting portfolio)
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Bilingual (French and English).
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive salary and bonus program;
- Flexible group insurance plan (health and dental insurance, health and well-being management accounts, RRSP/DPSP);
- Payment of professional association membership fees;
- 3 weeks of vacation;
- Possibility of flexible schedule and summer schedule;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Creative work environment.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.