Architectural Contract Administrator – Heritage Conservation
- 340 12 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0H2, Canada
Creative thinking. Collective value.
Lemay brings together a team of architects and designers, leaders and change-makers driven by passion and compassion. We approach every design problem with curiosity, invention and a generous spirit to uncover hidden opportunities. We believe that everyone needs and deserves meaningful space to grow.
Do you have a passion for the administration and advising of project related documentation and information during the construction phase? Do you enjoy collaborating with various industry-leading professionals to create better living environments? Can you spearhead the organization, scheduling and management of multiple construction projects with a heritage conservation focus ranging from adaptive reuse, heritage rehabilitation projects to masonry conservation campaigns? The following might be for you!
What you will accomplish with us
- Coordinate project planning tools and tactile execution of projects;
- Support client requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project;
- Produce heritage constructability content for feasibility studies, functional and budgetary studies;
- Support and organize the production of technical estimates and documents required for construction approvals and permits along side our Heritage Conservation Team;
- Develop work plans and monitor project budgets;
- Prepare and execute Construction Contracts and Change Management documentation;
- Collaborate onsite with Clients, Contractors, and Engineering partners.
What you need
- Professional degree in Architecture/Building Science Engineering from a recognized post secondary institution, or direct construction experience;
- 5+ years related experience in contract administration or direct construction experience;
- Knowledge in the principles of project management in terms of scope, time, cost, quality and risk;
- Knowledge in Building Code, Specification, and Contract Administration forms and procedure;
- Experience in heritage materials, procedures as well as means and methods;
- APTi (Association for Preservation Technology) or CAHP (Canadian Association for Heritage Professionals) Membership considered an asset. Or direct on site construction expertise within the field of heritage conservation.
- Experience, knowledge, and the ability to apply the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada across a range of projects/ primary treatments.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple mandates and priorities simultaneously;
- Positive and proactive attitude.
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive salary and bonus program;
- Flexible group insurance plan (health and dental insurance, health and well-being management accounts);
- Payment of professional association membership fees;
- 3 weeks of vacation;
- Possibility of flexible schedule and summer schedule;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Creative work environment. – hybrid work available.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Suite 1180, 340 12 Ave SW, Calgary AB