Intermediate architectural technician
- 3500 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H4C 1H2, Canada
Creative thinking. Collective value.
Lemay is constantly looking for the best talents to join its multidisciplinary team. Our vision: to become a global reference in the integrated design of sustainable living environments through a distinctive approach.
Founded in 1957 as an architectural firm, Lemay is an internationally recognized integrated design firm. Its unique blend of creativity, large-firm capacity and wide-ranging expertise brings client aspirations to life, creating sustainable value for users and communities around the world. Lemay has some 450 professionals and ranks 52nd among the world's largest architectural firms (World Architecture 2019). Winner of Deloitte's "Best Managed Companies in Canada" program since 2013, it became a member of the Gold Recognition category in 2017.
The intermediate architectural technician will be called on to work as part of an interdisciplinary team on high-profile projects.
What you will accomplish with us
- Producing technical documents in Revit
- Producing and editing workshop drawings in Revit
- Establishing a modeling strategy
- Provide a liaison between the design team, the client and various stakeholders
- Researching existing building documentation (plans, reports, etc.)
- Researching and selecting products, materials, techniques and technologies
- Preparing required client documentation
- Contributing to production of construction and planning cost estimates
- Coordinating plans and specifications, and construction details
- Coordinating the project with partners (engineers)
What you need
- College diploma in architectural technology or bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Membership in the Ordre des architectes du Québec an advantage
- Between 5 and 10 years of architectural experience
- At least 2 years of Revit experience
- Good knowledge of BIM architectural issues
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp software
- Aptitude for teamwork and natural ability to collaborate with different partners on a project
- Independent and proactive
- Skilled at managing several tasks simultaneously, under tight deadline
What we offer
Lemay makes its employee development and well-being a priority. Part of that is offering the following advantages:
- Competitive salary and bonus program;
- Flexible group insurance plan (health and dental insurance, health and well-being management accounts, RRSP/DPSP);
- Payment of professional association membership fees;
- 3 weeks of vacation;
- Possibility of flexible schedule and summer schedule;
- Social activities throughout the year;
- Creative work environment.