Cloud Engineer Digital Operations
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan, 3147 Maassluis, Netherlands
The company combines robotisation, engineering and agricultural expertise to ensure a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers; this is what we believe in.
It all started in Maassluis 70 years ago with the dream of two brothers, and ever since we have been innovative leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers all over the world. Deploying 1,600 specialist professionals, we are constantly working on new agricultural revolutions. We still disperse our dynamics from our Maassluis-based Campus – the premises with the highest achievable sustainability performance in the Netherlands – but we also operate worldwide. All our efforts are aimed at making dairy farming an appealing prospect for the next generation too.
What will your job involve?
As Lely grows, it is investing in Cloud & Digital Operations, so ongoing extension is a logical option. Are you the person we need to help with this? If you are a Cloud pro, or are interested in Cloud, Kubernetes, Azure (general knowledge and services), Terraform, Gitlab and Docker, and if you are capable of providing support in an effective manner, we want to hear from you!
Lely is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join the Digital Operations team; someone who will take responsibility for the optimisation of Lely's cloud platform, with a strong focus on the provision of support. Not everything at Lely has crystallised out yet, so if you have any good ideas, we would be delighted to hear them! In addition to providing support for Lely, you will occasionally also assume an advisory role for developers. In order to implement improvements, you will work with the developers to deploy the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the support pathway.
You will be collaborating with the Enterprise Cloud department in this role, while also maintaining intensive contacts with Product Development and Product Management in order to handle their queries. You will be supporting various teams, whereby all teams are responsible for their own service. This means that you will maintain intensive contact with various Lely departments.
Your role and responsibilities
Building and optimizing the cloud platform to be able to provide full support
- Cooperate with development teams in building and managing solutions in Azure;
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) to automate the deployment of Azure solutions;
- You provide 24/7 support on service requests and you analyze the coherence of possible other technical failures in the field, and working closely with other departments to solve problems;
- Proactive monitoring and troubleshooting on applications supported by our department;
- Operating methodically to acquire a working knowledge of all applications;
- Cooperating closely with Product Development, taking over tasks every day in rapid succession;
- Based on experience you provide suggestions to improve the cloud platform and delivery of support;
- You contribute to maintaining a high level of knowledge within the department and Cloud DevOps domain in the company.
Which assets do you need to bring to the job?
- You should have completed a secondary vocational education (MBO) 3 or 4 level study as a minimum and have demonstrable experience in a similar role
- You must have a good knowledge of Terraform, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker and Gitlab
- You will need to be autonomous and able to select the appropriate tools for the job
- You have a good command of English (both spoken and written)
- You have good communication skills
This is an awesome job with an international company that has a leading role within agri business making the lives of dairy farmers increasingly easy, sustainable and agreeable. A role in which you can make a difference and be genuinely valuable to the organisation while also pursuing your own personal development. In addition, you will enjoy the benefits listed below.
- #FitatLely programme featuring online sports lessons and master classes on working from home, as well as other activities in the areas of Body, Mind and Food
- The opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and ambitious team
- Working in an international environment with one of the most innovative organisations in the Netherlands
- Freedom in the organisation of your work
- A good salary commensurate with the challenge
- 27 days paid leave and 13 scheduled days off p.a.
- Lely Academy with a varied offer of studies that you can follow without obligation
- Unlimited access to the LinkedInLearning platform so that you can benefit from an almost boundless range of training and courses