Graduation internship: Cow Behavior Monitoring System
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan 1, 3155 RM Maassluis, Netherlands
At Lely, we believe in achieving a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers by combining robotisation, engineering and farming expertise.
It all started with a dream cherished by two brothers in Maassluis 70 years ago, and ever since, we have worked to become innovative market leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers across the globe. With a team of 1,600 professional specialists, we work constantly to bring about revolutionary solutions for the agro industry. We are based at our Maassluis Campus, a building which features the highest sustainability performance possible, not just in the Netherlands, but on a global scale. Our overall objective: making dairy farming interesting, also for the coming generations.
Lely industries has a new concept which has the potential of being a successful product adding value to the business and the life of a dairy farmer. A prototype is developed and build by a supplier of Lely and is intended to be used to investigate the working principle and how it can add value to the vision and mission of Lely. One of the functionalities of this system can be monitoring a specific part of cow behavior. An initial investigation is required to look into existing market solutions and the feasibility of this functionality. The next step is building and testing a system or prototype while using the facilities that Lely offers such as a test farm. Finally, the integration of this information with the existing Lely platform is required and must be developed.
- You can do this as a graduation internship;
- You will be available for at least six months.
- You will be available from January/February;
- You are available 40 hours a week.
- You are following a HBO study programme;
- You are following a study programme in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering preferable with agriculture background;
- You have knowledge about, Combination of pragmatic and theoretical attitude, Data analysis and visualization, Analytical skills to analyze system behavior, Pro-actively take ownership of this project
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently.
An instructive and insane experience at an international company driven by innovation. If you have any questions, you can always contact one of your colleagues who are just as driven in his/her field. Furthermore, we offer you:
- €400,- internship allowance per month;
- Own barista, who makes the tastiest cappuccinos;
- Possibly an appartment if the travel time is too long.
After your internship and study, there may be many more possibilities within Lely. Do you see yourself in the above points? Then apply directly to our vacancy on the website