Collaboration internship: Software Engineering/Frontend developer
- Cornelis Van Der Lelylaan, 3147 Maassluis, Netherlands
At Lely, we believe in achieving a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers by combining robotisation, engineering and farming expertise.
It all started with a dream cherished by two brothers in Maassluis 70 years ago, and ever since, we have worked to become innovative market leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers across the globe. With a team of 1,600 professional specialists, we work constantly to bring about revolutionary solutions for the agro industry. We are based at our Maassluis Campus, a building which features the highest sustainability performance possible, not just in the Netherlands, but on a global scale. Our overall objective: making dairy farming interesting, also for the coming generations.
Imagine being at the basis of products of the future that make a difference!
As an Intern Software Engineering at Lely you are well aware about the newest techniques in the robotics sector. Since this team is all about innovations, the projects you are working on are all secret!
A part of the vector system is the feed kitchen. The feed kitchen is the area in which the forage is stored, selected, picked up and loaded into the mixing and feeding robot. In the kitchen, a crane construction with a forage grabber is installed that moves above the kitchen to the right feed block. Size and configuration of the feed kitchen depends on the demand of the farm. In order to maintain and develop a good kitchen layout, a graphical tool is desirable. If the internship is successful, we will be able to improve current and new setups of feed kitchens, problem solving and remote technical support will become easier. Furthermore, the student will be familiar with tools like Docker and Git. A movie about the Vector system is available on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjKWQNmw_4&t=4s
- The student will take part in a project, which will be on the Lely Vector feeding system, a modular system of up to 5 robots, including robotic cranes and autonomous vehicles;
- Further development of an existing graphical tool that allows the display and modification of the feed kitchen layout;
- Extend the tools capabilities by gathering necessary data from the Vector system;
- Integration of the tool into the Lely Vector User Interface;
- Integrate the tool’s build process into the team’s current build server.
For this vacancy, we are looking for a creative student who is always well aware of the latest developments in the branch. You will have to channel that creativity to solve problems encountered during product development. Does this internship description suit you? Then read on!
- It is both a collaboration internship;
- You will be available for at least three months;
- You will be available from January/February;
- You are available 40/32 hours a week.
- You are following an HBO programme;
- You have experience in programming;
- You are interested in learning and discovering new technologies;
- You speak and write English fluently.
An instructive and insane experience at an international company driven by innovation. If you have any questions, you can always contact one of your colleagues who are just as driven in his/her field. Furthermore, we offer you:
- €400,- internship allowance per month;
- Own barista, who makes the tastiest cappuccinos;
- Possibly a appartment if the travel time is too long.
After your internship and study, there may be many more possibilities within Lely. Do you see yourself in the above points? Then apply directly to our vacancy on the website