Collaboration or graduation internship: Smart routing AGV
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan, 3147 Maassluis, Netherlands
At Lely, we believe in achieving a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers by combining robotisation, engineering and farming expertise.
It all started with a dream cherished by two brothers in Maassluis 70 years ago, and ever since, we have worked to become innovative market leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers across the globe. With a team of 1,600 professional specialists, we work constantly to bring about revolutionary solutions for the agro industry. We are based at our Maassluis Campus, a building which features the highest sustainability performance possible, not just in the Netherlands, but on a global scale. Our overall objective: making dairy farming interesting, also for the coming generations.
The routes are made in a map of the barn, where the route is defined by the user. Each action is a separate one and you can not skip a part of these actions.
We would like you to investigate the possibility of making the routes smarter, where we can skip a part of the route after a certain trigger. We expect that your solution will work on different kind of barns, with different kind of routes and that you can show us in a digital environment, that your solution works.
During your internship you will investigate whether it is possible to skip a part of the route and what algorithms are available. You will also create a new route after a signal based on the current folder / route. In addition, you will make sure that the new route can deal with obstacles.
- Can be a collaboration or a graduation internship;
- You will be available for at least three months;
- You will be available from January/February;
- You are available 40 hours a week.
- You are following an HBO or WO study programme;
- You are following a study programme in computer science or mathematics related;
- You have knowledge of navigating and determining routes;
- You speak and write English fluently.
An instructive and insane experience at an international company driven by innovation. If you have any questions, you can always contact one of your colleagues who are just as driven in his/her field. Furthermore, we offer you:
- €400,- internship allowance per month;
- Own barista, who makes the tastiest cappuccinos;
- Possibly a appartment if the travel time is too long.
After your internship and study, there may be many more possibilities within Lely. Do you see yourself in the above points? Then apply directly to our vacancy on the website