Lead Data Engineer
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan, 3147 Maassluis, Netherlands
At Lely, we believe in achieving a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers by combining robotisation, engineering and farming expertise.
It all started with a dream cherished by two brothers in Maassluis 70 years ago, and ever since, we have worked to become innovative market leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers across the globe. With a team of 1,600 professional specialists, we work constantly to bring about revolutionary solutions for the agro industry. We are based at our Maassluis Campus, a building which features the highest sustainability performance possible, not just in the Netherlands, but on a global scale. Our overall objective: making dairy farming interesting, also for the coming generations.
To achieve the best results, it is important to gain insight into all facets of the dairy farm and make well-grounded data-driven decisions. That's why we are looking for you!
Your task is to lead the data engineering chapter and guide the development of the data platform and data warehouse. The main goal is to make the data understandable and accessible for our organization. This concerns animal welfare, rations, grazing, reproduction and robotic performance. The data directly influences development and operations of the robots and the way business is ran on the farm. So, if you take on this challenge, you can have a big impact on organization-wide projects!
You will lead the data engineering chapter and give direction on the capability development. Next to that, you will be part of the growing Competence Center Data & AI, with other Data Engineers, Data scientist and Data Analyst. You will oversee the data pipelines, data warehouse and help defining the data roadmap for Lely. In this position you will work closely with our high end partners in Prague and Istanbul in order to continuously develop skills and knowledge for yourself and the team. Bridging the Prague, Istanbul and Maassluis community is part of your job.
Next to that you will:
- Share best practices, coach other data engineers;
- Work hands on product domains like Feeding & Barn and Milking.
So if you are looking for a combination of strategic and hands-on work with the most innovative techniques, this could be it!
Technologies we use:
- Microsoft Azure - for building cloud native solutions (Azure Storage, SQL, Kubernetes, Event Hub / Service Bus);
- .Net Core C# language - both Windows and Linux compatible;
- Azure Key Vault, Azure Service Token Provider - we take security very seriously and build it into our project from the beginning;
- Azure Dev Ops - for building CI/CD pipelines.
- > 5 years in data engineering;
- You have the capability to structure data from 30,000 active data systems, of which 90% are available in real time;
- Making scalable and maintainable applications & understandable frameworks;
- Distributed systems: cloud computing, cluster computing;
- .NET C# (required), Scala / Java / Python (optional). In the cloud, we use C# for Data Engineering and Python for Data Analyses and Data Science;
- In-depth knowledge of data APIs for specific cloud provider (preferable Azure);
- Able to switch between long term strategic thinking and short term result focus;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent coaching skills.
A unique career opportunity to further develop your career in Data Engineering. You will be the expert and go-to person for the big challenges in Data Engineering.
- A job in an international environment in the most sustainable office and production location in Europe;
- Work at one of the most innovative organisations in the Netherlands;
- Plenty of flexibility and freedom to organise your work;
- Excellent working conditions, appropriate to the importance of the job in relation to your knowledge and skills;
- A challenging role, where you can take advantage of a environment that encourages personal development and growth.
And... Last but not least, Lely Campus has its own barista who makes the best cappuccinos around using fresh milk directly from the farm.