Data Engineer Smart Components
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan 1, 3155 RM Maassluis, Netherlands
At Lely, we believe in achieving a sustainable, profitable and agreeable future for dairy farmers by combining robotisation, engineering and farming expertise.
It all started with a dream cherished by two brothers in Maassluis 70 years ago, and ever since, we have worked to become innovative market leaders in automated systems for dairy farmers across the globe. With a team of 1,600 professional specialists, we work constantly to bring about revolutionary solutions for the agro industry. We are based at our Maassluis Campus, a building which features the highest sustainability performance possible, not just in the Netherlands, but on a global scale. Our overall objective: making dairy farming interesting, also for the coming generations.
You will be part of the growing Competence Center Data & AI with other Data Engineers, Data scientist and Data Analyst, but will work for the Smart Components team as a start. Smart Components are sensors (IoT, camera’s etc.) that generate data to help us make better (automated) decisions. The stack is cloud based (Azure).
In this position you will be responsible to develop and maintain the data pipelines (combining IoT and other data), data warehouse and data monitoring. Most projects are top level innovation and secret: but we are happy to tell you more face to face! If you have a background in Data Science, you also have the opportunity to grow into a machine learning engineer role.
What kind of questions and tasks can you expect in this role?
- How can data best be stored, structured and processed in the cloud?
- Implement API’s so end users (Data Analysts en Scientists and developers,) can easily access and use the data.
- Index data and make searching and quering big data easier.
- Consult how machine-, company- and field data can be used in new and different ways.
- A Bachelors's or Master's degree;
- Database systems (SQL/NoSQL);
- Making scalable and maintainable applications & understandable frameworks;
- Experience with distributed systems: cloud computing, cluster computing;
- Experienced in C#, Scala, Python or Java. In the cloud we use mostly C# and Python for analysis;
- Data modeling, ETLs & data pipelines;
- In-depth knowledge of data APIs for specific cloud provider (preferable Azure);
- Data warehousing;
- Service monitoring and alerting;
- Good communication skills.
A job for a true inventor, at a company driven by innovation. In the span of two years you will see your ideas come to life as they leave the factory, upon which they will be used by dairy farms.
- Flexibility in terms of working times and working location;
- Variety! One day you will be at the workshop, another day on the farm and the next day you will work at the main office;
- The space and freedom to innovate, construct new ideas and tinker in our workshop.
- The tastiest coffee you will ever drink, courtesy of our barista;
- Time for fun: table football, volleyball and a basketball court.