Data Engineer Smart Components
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan 1, 3155 RM Maassluis, Netherlands
Lely, founded in 1948, directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. Circling the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that increase animal welfare, flexibility and the production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been leading in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Every day, Lely inspires her employees to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With her Head office in The Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1.200 people.
You will be part of the growing Competence Center Data & AI with other Data Engineers, Data scientist and Data Analyst, but will work for the Smart Components team as a start. Smart Components are sensors (IoT, camera’s etc.) that generate data to help us make better (automated) decisions. The stack is cloud based (Azure).
In this position you will be responsible to develop and maintain the data pipelines (combining IoT and other data), data warehouse and data monitoring. Most projects are top level innovation and secret: but we are happy to tell you more face to face! If you have a background in Data Science, you also have the opportunity to grow into a machine learning engineer role.
What kind of questions and tasks can you expect in this role?
- How can data best be stored, structured and processed in the cloud?
- Implement API’s so end users (Data Analysts en Scientists and developers,) can easily access and use the data.
- Index data and make searching and quering big data easier.
- Consult how machine-, company- and field data can be used in new and different ways.
- A Bachelors's or Master's degree;
- Database systems (SQL/NoSQL);
- Making scalable and maintainable applications & understandable frameworks;
- Experience with distributed systems: cloud computing, cluster computing;
- Experienced in C#, Scala, Python or Java. In the cloud we use mostly C# and Python for analysis;
- Data modeling, ETLs & data pipelines;
- In-depth knowledge of data APIs for specific cloud provider (preferable Azure);
- Data warehousing;
- Service monitoring and alerting;
- Good communication skills.
A job for a true inventor, at a company driven by innovation. In the span of two years you will see your ideas come to life as they leave the factory, upon which they will be used by dairy farms.
- Flexibility in terms of working times and working location;
- Variety! One day you will be at the workshop, another day on the farm and the next day you will work at the main office;
- The space and freedom to innovate, construct new ideas and tinker in our workshop.
- The tastiest coffee you will ever drink, courtesy of our barista;
- Time for fun: table football, volleyball and a basketball court.