Electronic System Architect
- Cornelis van der Lelylaan 1, 3155 RM Maassluis, Netherlands
Lely, founded in 1948, directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. Circling the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that increase animal welfare, flexibility and the production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been leading in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Every day, Lely inspires her employees to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With her Head office in The Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1.200 people.
As an Electronic System Architect you are responsible to setup and create a technical roadmap and requirements of a consistent system design that meets the functional needs of our products within the boundaries of the cost price.
In close co-operation with colleagues from other disciplines you are translating system specifications and constraints into specifications and roadmaps for architecture, technology, functions and modules.
You will perform trade-off studies and set direction to determine the preferred implementation scenario for the realization of one or more of these modules. In this phase you are also responsible for reviewing the indicated specifications and make suggestions for improvements to discuss these with stakeholders, like product management.
Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Definition of a generic platform, based on modular design;
- Division of complex system in manageable subtasks and/or modules;
- Hardware/Software interface development for ‘own’ and ‘third party’ modules;
- Input for development milestone planning;
- Machine safety.
- Master's degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Mechanics;
- Eager to define concepts, interfaces, mechatronics architecture;
- You are a team player, in the company and towards partners and suppliers;
- Good communication skills and proficient in English (Dutch is preferred);
- You have five to ten years of broad experience within the electronic field (motion and machine control, amplifiers, EMC, serviceability) of control systems and components for high-end equipment and/or products;
- You have three to five years experience as an Architect for complex systems.
In this role you will contribute to the ongoing growth in development, engineering and the competence Electronics.
A job for a true inventor, at a company driven by innovation. In the span of two years you will see your ideas come to life as they leave the factory, upon which they will be used by dairy farms.
- Flexibility in terms of working times and working location;
- Variety! One day you will be at the workshop, another day on the farm and the next day you will work at the main office;
- The space and freedom to innovate, construct new ideas and tinker in our workshop.
- The tastiest coffee you will ever drink, courtesy of our barista;
- Time for fun: table football, volleyball and a basketball court.