- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in…
Your new role
Join Leidos' Corporate Affairs team as a Communications Advisor with a focus on driving our external communications strategy. You will be joining a newly formed Corporate Affairs team, encompassing Communications, Government Relations, Events and Corporate Social Responsibility under our Corporate Affairs Director.
Reporting to our Head of Communications, you will help devise and execute our external communications strategy across earned, owned and paid media.
Opportunities to deliver impact in this role include:
In partnership with the Corporate Affairs team:
- Driving our PR activity, particularly across defence and technology trade media;
- Managing our corporate LinkedIn account;
- Ensuring content on Leidos.com.au is relevant, engaging and up to date;
- Assisting with advertising development and placement;
- Supporting our presence at a range of external events including major interstate exhibitions and conferences;
- Helping the team develop and improve our suite of marcomms collateral.
Tertiary qualified, you will have some experience developing and implementing external communication strategies. It would be advantageous, but not essential, to have experience of the corporate environment and/or the defence industry. You’ll be comfortable pitching a story to journalists and proactively engaging with our senior leaders to develop stories for LinkedIn. You’ll have had some experience with corporate branding and messaging, and how to implement it across different channels.
This represents an outstanding opportunity for a keen Communications Advisor looking to take the next step in growing their career.
What you'll love
- A flexible work place culture that focuses on work life balance
- Working with highly experienced leaders in the market
- Contributing to a fast growing success story in Australia
Applicants will need to be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to undertake a Baseline Security Clearance.