Technical Team Lead - Systems Support
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Your New Job
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of 8 and providing technical leadership over the systems support engineering team whilst continuing to apply your technical expertise. This will also include:
- Maintaining knowledge of the global threat environment and proactively assessing risk and response strategies to potential emerging threats
- Being able to dynamically develop and deploy threat mitigation solutions and provide ongoing assessment of effectiveness
- Representing the organisation in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Identifying and resolving any customer identified issues in a consultative manner
- Contributing to IT Support process and policy development
- Ensuring adherence to processes by employees for IT Support
- Ensuring the IT Support products and services provided to Programs are of the highest quality and satisfy all regulatory and technical requirements
- Carrying out complex systems engineering assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge
- Creating, participating in and responsibility for, project planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Participating in technical and program reviews at varying levels with management and customers
- Providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Ensuring solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
About You and What You'll Bring
You may be a technical specialist looking to step into a team leadership role, or an experienced team leader looking to grow your experience. Your experience / qualifications will also include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Substantial professional experience (10 years) working in a senior role within an engineering or project environment - essential
- Capable of in-depth troubleshooting - essential
- Proven track record in building and supporting a Technical team
- Ability to develop a template approach for repeatable support requirements
- VMware technology stack expertise, Service Now, RHEL linux, Scripting (Pearl, powershell, solarwinds) - essential
- Backup and restore capability in AWS and ESX technology stack
- Route costing / load balancing capabilities
- SMS alerting software experience
- AWS API experience.
What You’ll Love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing, RDO program and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to hold a NV-1 security clearance.