Service Configuration Management Specialist
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
Every person at Leidos plays an important and valued role bringing science, engineering and technology together to produce practical solutions for our customers’ most complex problems. It’s how we help to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient - work that matters and a mission, like those of our customers, we are passionate about. We’re open minded, ambitious and committed to enabling our people to do their best work, to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
The Service Configuration Specialist ensures that accurate and reliable information about the configuration of services and CIs (Configuration Items) is available when and where it is needed. This includes information on how CIs are configured and their relationships to other CIs and services.
Duties - What you’ll be doing
- Champion Configuration Management practice, policies, process, and procedures across the organisation
- Ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB
- Develop and deliver practice maturity uplift and improvements
- Collaborate and drive technical teams in the implementation of Configuration Management outcomes
- Collaborate with the CTO in the development and execution of practice roadmaps
- Assist projects requiring Configuration Management involvement or outcomes
- Mentor teammates to improve their understanding and execution of the practice deliverables
- Tracking compliance to policies and procedures and resolving / escalating any compliance issues
- Manage Configuration Management audits
- When required, assist the team in the review and approval of Configuration Management Change activity
- Develop, review, and publish Configuration Management reporting
- Keep related documentation current and accurate
- Provide support to your Asset Management peers when required
Attributes – About you
You are methodical and you demonstrate exquisite attention to detail in your approach to solving problems and delivering work products.
You will always do the right thing, not necessarily the easy thing. You take accountability for outcomes, and you are generous in your actions and outputs. You tackle problems with independent and critical thought and you never stop caring about the work products you create. If you build it, you help support it. If you break it you help fix it.
You work well in an environment where you can be proactive and pick up and work on whatever tasks need to be completed to fulfil the goals of the team and the projects to which you are assigned. You are self-directed and don’t tend to wait for management direction if you can see what needs to be done. You take end-to-end ownership of an outcome and follow up with everyone who needs to be involved in creating that outcome.
Finally, you are on board with our team’s core tenets for building and operating ICT Services. Everything you build and touch should be secure, consistent, repeatable, and scalable.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years in a Configuration Management role
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of enterprise class processes
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL practices, especially how Configuration Management integrates with other ITIL practices
- ITIL V3 / V4 qualified
- SIAM qualifications and experience working in a SIAM environment is highly desirable
- Experience with ServiceNow and the Discovery or Service Mapping modules is highly desirable
- Solid technical, logical & problem solving skills
- Proficiency in data analysis within Microsoft Excel
- Solid documentation skills
- Good presentation, engagement, and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Customer focused, demonstrating empathy with others, good listening and questioning skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to work well with others, contribute to team values and rapport-building across the organisation
- Effective prioritisation skills with the ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel interstate (if required)
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold, or be able to obtain an NV-1 or NV-2 security clearance