Junior Cyber Security Administrator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Due to our ongoing success, the Leidos family is growing rapidly across Melbourne and Canberra. This year is set to be an amazing year of growth and we need your skills to help us continue to meet our stretch growth targets.
We are a large-scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 39,000 global network, we currently number 1,450 locally, the majority of which are based in Canberra and Melbourne. We are growing fast and building a business that is focused and fit for the future.
Your New Role
Reporting into the Operations Manager, this role's primary focus is to maintain the McAfee security footprint deployed to existing standalone network workstations and servers, and standalone devices. Working in this area will include coordinating with network administrators as well as end-users and internal Defence Security teams including compliance and auditing teams. Common daily duties include:
- Assessing the effectiveness of information protection employed across standalone networks
- Providing engineering support to security and certification tests as well as evaluation activities and vulnerability assessemnts
- Performing risk analysis on computer systems and applications as required
- Assisting in the development of information systems assurance programs and control guidelines
- Monitoring and Identifying potential security incidents and responding as per standard operating procedures
- Maintaining endpoint security products across varying non-standard and non-SOE OS builds including Windows and Linux
- Designing, documenting and building Security hosting functions to provide enhanced security protection to endpoint clients
- Maintaining and upgrading existing hosted security tools in line with monthly patching cycles.
Please note the successful applicant must be an Australian citizen hold a current Baseline Australian Government Security Clearance with ability to obtain NV-1 and NV-2 level.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Demonstrated experience and strong understanding of general technical subject matter, including IT systems and networking
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the security field
- Strong focus on customer service and outcome
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to resolve complex technical issues
- Expierence working with McAfee EPO and McAfee security producte suite desirable
- Experience working with Splunk, Tenable, Tanium beneficial
What You'll Love
At Leidos we look after our staff. Flexible working practices, great team building initiatives, consistent learning and development opportunities, employee discounts and excellent exposure to a variety of technologies and projects are just some of the perks. We are growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be.
Our diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.