Systems Administrator - NV1, NV2 (Cyber)
- Watsonia VIC 3087, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Your New Role
An exciting opportunity to join a new program of work in Defence and make your mark. The role involves:
- Cyber range administration and sustainment
- Support of physical and virtual training environments per the vendor operations guide and classified systems requirements
- Maintaining systems including installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software
- Establishing and managing user accounts, overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks, implementing operational and technical security controls, and adhering to organisational security policies and procedures
- Upgrade the DCR capability over the agreed system lifecycle where required
- Product support including but not limited to VMWare (vSphere, ESX), Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, SCCM, SCOM, DB administration (MSSQL, PostgresSQL, MySQL), Linux system administration, NMS Server, collaboration tools, asset and CDR (Classified Document Register) management.
Applications close Jan 10th.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience deploying and configuring Linux Servers using Linux command line
- Extensive experience with VMware Vcenter administrator and usage
- Experience with other VMware management servers such as Vrealize Operations, Vrealize Orchestrator and NSX-T is highly desirable
- Exposure to Defence processes.
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a minimum NV-1 level Australian security clearance.
What You'll Love
At Leidos we look after our staff. Flexible working practices, great team building initiatives, consistent learning and development opportunities, employee discounts and excellent exposure to a variety of technologies and projects are just some of the perks. We are growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be.