Trade Compliance Specialist
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations.
Your New Role
Leidos Australia has an opportunity for a Trade Compliance Specialist to manage Leidos Australia’s trade and regulatory compliance management system and provide advice to the business and its various projects and stakeholders, primarily relating to compliance with domestic and international Defence import and export controls. You will also educate project managers and key staff in trade and regulatory compliance matters to ensure that Leidos Australia’s interests, assets and projects remain legally compliant. The incumbent will also support audits to provide positive assurance of compliance and identify and report any issues.
Reporting to the General Counsel, “A Day in the Life” will see you;
- Help to manage and mitigate Leidos Australia’s regulatory and trade compliance risks, in line with our strategic objectives, by:
- providing solution and risk-focused regulatory and trade compliance advisory support; and
- implementing appropriate compliance governance frameworks, including policies, processes and training.
- Facilitate the identification, monitoring and reporting of key regulatory and trade compliance risks.
- Manage primary communication with Australian regulators and key international stakeholders to ensure that the business secures and retains necessary authorisations (e.g. export authorisations).
- Promote, integrate and facilitate a standardised approach to effective compliance management, including implementation, review and improvement of a Compliance Management System, in line with best practice standards and Leidos policies.
- Assist in the ongoing development and education of Leidos staff, including developing and/or delivering/implementing training programs and guidance.
About You & What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrated experience in International Trade Compliance with a strong working knowledge of Australian and International, including United States, Export and Import Controls requirements within a major Defence corporation.
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to obtain an applicable security clearance.
- Its preferable that the candidate also hold legal qualifications, with a current practicing certificate.
This is an opportunity for a true SME to make your mark.
This role can either be based in our Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra locations.
What you'll love
- Joining a close-knit, supportive team and having empowering leaders;
- A flexible work-place culture including RDOs, Paid Parental Leave benefits and more;
- Career growth and internal promotion - define your own future.