Virtualisation Automation Engineer
- Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
In this role you will join a team delivering day to day service and operational management support in the Defence environment along with developing solutions in alignment with a strategic platform roadmap.
Based in either our Canberra or Clayton facility, we are seeking a talented engineer with the passion to bring an enduring positive impression into our operations and refine how processes and policies define our culture. We will be relying on your extensive industry experience in IT operations, infrastructure management and emerging technologies to be the catalyst that propels our client’s operational capability into a new era of automation.
You'll have a relentless motivation to automate manual tasks and provide our customer with market leading self-service solutions. A positive attitude for innovation and solid operational support experience will see you as a key resource within the broader team.
You have expert knowledge technical troubleshooting, systems automation and orchestration .
Your experience in the following will allow you to hit the ground running:
· A high level and understanding of IT infrastructure including servers and networking.
· VMware vSphere Suite
· VMware vRealize Automation Suite
· Ansible configuration management.
· Experience in automation of cloud deployments of Windows and Linux servers.
Experience in any of the following will be of benefit:
· Micro Services Architecture, Systems integration experience with REST or SOAP and Message Queue.
· DevOps tools and processes and Agile project management.
· Windows and Linux Operating system administration.
· ServiceNow Administration and implementation including ITSM, ITOM (Discover Now) and Cloud Management Platform applications
General Knowledge in any of the following will be of benefit:
· Microsoft Active Directory
· Cisco UCS
· NetApp storage and Commvault backup software
· AWS and Azure cloud platforms
· Microsoft MECM/SCCM
· Redhat Satellite
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold, or be able to obtain a baseline, NV-1 or NV-2 security clearance.
Attributes – About you
You are methodical and you demonstrate exquisite attention to detail in your approach to solving problems and delivering work products.
You will always do the right thing, not necessarily the easy thing. You take accountability for outcomes, and you are generous in your actions and outputs. You tackle problems with independent and critical thought and you never stop caring about the work products you create. If you build it, you help support it. If you break it you help fix it.
You work well in an environment where you can be proactive and pick up and work on whatever tasks need to be completed to fulfil the goals of the team and the projects to which you are assigned. You are self-directed and don’t tend to wait for management direction if you can see what needs to be done. You take end-to-end ownership of an outcome and follow up with everyone who needs to be involved in creating that outcome.