- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations.
Your new role
Join Leidos under a range of Defence and Federal Government contracts. Our projects can have a focus on introducing new ICT capability and conducting capability upgrades focusing on:
- ICT infrastructure;
- Software development;
- Win 10 deployments;
- Data centre relocations;
What are Leidos PMs like?
- Hands on: Our PMs lead projects from start to end, including requirements gathering, scoping, creating schedules from scratch, managing risks and issues, managing subcontract partners and vendors, interfacing heavily with clients and driving cross functional team efforts;
- Commercial: Our PMs are experienced in putting together bids and tenders, can appropriately price/cost risks and remediations in project plans and know how to manage labour costs in budgets;
- Problem Solvers: Whether on a new project or in flight, our PMS can lift the bonnet on a project and manage course correction where required by investigating artefacts and stakeholder inputs;
- Connectors: Our PMS engage broadly across the business to deliver outcomes to their customers, supporting the ongoing maturity of our PM process and approach.
We're looking for Project Managers who have experience in a similar Defence or Federal Government context, ideally on ICT programs or projects. You might be coming from a systems integrator, a technology provider or from public service. We're open to permanent employment or contract engagement.
Essential is your end to end experience driving projects with full accountability for outcomes. You understand PMI project delivery frameworks and have experience in tools such as MS Project.
Applicants must hold an active baseline in order to be eligible.
What you'll love
- A flexible working environment including Rostered Days Off; Sponsored training and development in your field;
- A close-knit PM community including Community of Practice;
- Supporting mission critical programs that protect Australian national security;
- Opportunity to work in one of Australia's largest and most complex ICT environments;
- Loads of opportunity for internal moves and promotion;
- Great leadership who support PM outcomes.