- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently number 1,400 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
You'll form part of a highly skilled team performing 2nd/3rd level messaging systems support for the Defence environment, as part of the Centralised Processing (CP) program. You will work with the respective business technology groups to administer, support and manage existing messaging infrastructure deployments & functions.
This role can be based in either Clayton, VIC or Canberra, ACT.
Specifically you will perform a variety of activities which involve standard procedures for Messaging Systems requiring familiarity which may include:
- IT Support for Messaging (Microsoft Exchange and/or Domino/Notes) solutions
- Serve as operational 2nd level support for Messaging solutions and related technologies
- Provide direct user support for incidents relating to Messaging technologies
- Produce Messaging health check processes and methods required to reduce and eliminate Messaging issues effecting end users
- Assist with delivery of project deliverables of Messaging solutions
- Participate in team on call roster and be available for early/late starts rosters to cover 7am – 7pm weekdays
- Managing changes, incidents, problems and requests in line with the ITIL framework by utilising customised in-house toolsets
- Producing and maintaining technical system documentation
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos’ objectives.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Exchange and/or Domino environments
- Professional experience with operational support, complimented with technical project involvement in this area
- Prior experience with Messaging health checks, preventive maintenance activities and documentation
- Prior experience with on call, patching and after hours work under minimal or no supervision
- Prior experience with service, incident, change and problem management and recording tools such as ServiceNow
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2013 and higher, Office 365 desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-1 security clearance.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.