Senior Project Manager
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations.
Your New Role
As a Senior Project Manager your role is to deliver complex projects, with a focus on managing stakeholders and customer engagements, managing the project team and ensure delivery against requirements. More specifically, it will include the following:
- With the support of technical and commercial staff manage and develop project proposals;
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes;
- Coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management;
- Ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost;
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions;
- Solve technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project;
- Supervise and coordinate work performed by external contractors;
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to project sponsors, end users and management;
- Participate in budget development and evaluating how project plan changes impact cost and schedule;
- Manage the cost, schedule, resourcing, subcontractor deliverables and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs;
- Establish milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Negotiate with stakeholders where required to meet timely outcomes
To be successful you must thrive in high tempo team environments. Your 7 years + delivery experience across Defence and Federal government projects as this experience will see you excel in the role. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders and juggle the complexity of managing the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders. You must have ITIL exposure and a good understanding and application of PMBOK. Your consulting and influencing skills will be paramount to success in this role.
Candidates must hold an Active Baseline Security clearance.
What you'll love
- Sponsored training and development in your field;
- Loads of opportunity for internal moves and promotion;
- Great leadership;
- A flexible working environment including Rostered Days Off.