- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Your New Role
We have an opportunity on one of our important programs within a small close-knit team that works closely with our clients. Our team has a diverse mix of skills and cross skilling is a strategy, so flexibility highly desirable and provides a great opportunity to extend your skillset.
Working for Leidos, you will be required to work as part of a team but have the maturity to work autonomously. Your strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills will be key to establishing yourself with the customers and team.
As our virtualisation specialist, you will have a very good working knowledge of VMware technology stack supporting the installation, configuration and upgrade of software tools including virtualization and application discovery tool-sets, and commercial user tools. Any knowledge or experience with the Amazon AWS stack will also be well regarded.
The main function of the role will be to support a complex VMWare environment and keep it patched (particularly security patches) and maintained on a day to day basis including timely upgrading of products.
You will also have a strong working knowledge of the full VMWare stack including:
- VMWare 6.7
- Log Insight
- NSX-V (an advantage)
Ideally you will also have experience with the following;
- Updating and patching of VMWare software
- Support and maintenance of the physical infrastructure
- Scripting or programming using Windows PowerShell, Python, or similar languages
- A very good working knowledge of the Window technology stack. Include a good understanding of the deployment of Win Server 2012/2016, SQL, Win 10 desktop and Linux in a VMWare environment
- VEEAM Backup and Replication (An advantage)
- HP OpenView (An advantage)
- SCCM (An advantage)
- AWS administration (an advantage)
You will be highly regarded if you have had exposure to the following:
- RHEL Linux
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow or other ITSM tool (Administration experience in ServiceNow would be highly regarded)
The following qualifications are desirable:
- VCP Data Center Virtualisation
- VCP Cloud Management and Automation.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to hold and maintain a current NV-1 security clearance. The candidate will also have to be willing to undertake an employment suitability assessment.
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.