Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
About your new role
Working closely with Service Delivery Managers, Process Leads and Technical teams within an MVE environment, you will ensure successful delivery leveraging Agile methodologies to coordinate quality service and experience improvements, while maintaining a focus on the delivery of the integrated teams.
You will have the experience delivering with Agile processes in an IT based environment, and will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement to improve the end-user experience.
In your role you will
- Ensure the Scrum team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery.
- Provide visibility into delivery targets, commitments, and progress of the ongoing initiatives, alongside sustainment of services using ITIL practices,
- Monitor Sprint progress on a daily basis, taking proactive measures ahead of time when required in order to achieve Sprint deadlines and objectives,
- Proactively identify impediments and appropriately resolve using the network of peers and collaborative channels,
- Coach teams on Agile and Lean principles, backlog refinement and prioritization,
- Driving the formation of the integrated scrum team including the identification of the owners in key roles
- Reporting project status, proactively calling out and managing / mitigating risk and issues and managing the relationships with key client stakeholders
- Facilitate scrum process using appropriate tooling i.e TFS
- Actively seek and participate in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop yourself and the team
About you and what you'll bring
As a Project Manager/ Scrum Master, your experience has given you strong management, coordination, and collaboration skills, but also a passion for coaching and development.
You will also possess:
- At least 3 years of Agile methodology experience
- Relevant Scrum Master qualifications/certification/accreditation
- Previous experience in a Scrum Master or similar role, delivering capability improvements in dynamic and challenging environment.
- Previous experience with using Continual Service Improvement methodologies
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to empathise as well as prioritise
- Ability to develop and maintain productive internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks
- Demonstrated experience leading Sprint Planning
- Experience using agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Outstanding consulting and communication skills including experience with building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Experience with influencing cross-functional collaboration and decision making between senior business leaders and technical SME’s
- Strong ability to develop, organise and work to a structured work plan and manage competing priorities
- Experience managing people/teams where you have championed agile principles
- Experience liaising, communicating with and presenting to Senior Executives
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundations qualifications are highly desired
- Technical background (IT system analyst, programming, designing, architect) will be desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or Project Management advantageous
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current baseline security clearance.
What you’ll love
Leidos is growing rapidly so you’ll enjoy having the support of sponsored training and development and the offer of a varied career path. We regularly promote from within across a range of Federal Government and Defence projects so opportunities abound. At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.