ICT Systems Engineer
- Adelaide SA, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
We bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our Government customers’ most complex problems – innovative, technically advanced and highly practical. For example, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence and also support the IT environment for the Australian Taxation Office. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of Governments.
Leidos Australia is looking for ICT Systems Engineers to join our team based in Canberra, working as part of our talented team of engineers delivering and enhancing mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest level of availability, performance, and security. The engineering team collaborates to ensure program engineering performance, supports technical solution development and documentation, and demonstrates superb technical and systems integration competency.
Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
You will be responsible for:
- Eliciting, understanding, and designing against both business and technical requirements, including trade-offs between different requirements, cost/benefit analyses, and affordability of target allocations,
- Deploying, integrating and testing software products,
- Initiating, performing and reviewing systems engineering activities, including analysis, design, development, verification and configuration management,
- Identifying risks and opportunities and developing mitigation plans to minimise program impacts,
- Engaging effectively with the Systems Engineering team, management, and other teams across the Technical Systems areas, and
- Performing in-depth technical support and diagnosis of system issues and incidents.
We are looking for a team member who has a strong customer focus, is outcome driven, and has the ability to interpret the needs of our client by bringing the below:
- A demonstrated ‘can-do’, pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve client objectives,
- Competent analytics and diagnostics for 3rd level problem solving,
- Demonstrated experience with client communications and engagement,
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant engineering practices, standards and regulations in a rigorous change management environment,
- Ability to work autonomously or with minimal supervision, and deliver completed work on schedule,
- Knowledge of ITIL and Incident Management processes,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and
- 5+ years of experience in relevant technical discipline(s).
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current baseline security clearance.
What you’ll love
Leidos is growing rapidly so you’ll enjoy having the support of sponsored training and development and the offer of a varied career path. We regularly promote from within across a range of Federal Government and Defence projects so opportunities abound. At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.