Cyber Security Administrator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Your New Role
Reporting into the Service Delivery Manager, this role's primary focus is to maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. We have opportunities for a Security Administrator with a range of experience, some of which include 2+ years’ experience working in a similar role, within an engineering or project environment. Requirements:
- Maintain knowledge of global threat environment and proactively assess risk and response strategies to potential emerging threats
- Assess the effectiveness of information protection employed
- Provide engineering support to security and certification tests as well as evaluation activities
- Perform risk analysis on all computer systems and applications as required
- Assist in the development of information systems assurance programs and control guidelines
- Identify potential security incidents and respond as per standard operating procedures
- Provide technical support to certification and accreditation activities which may include activities such as vulnerability assessments
- Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Providing support onsite across different locations within Canberra.
Please note the successful applicant must be an Australian citizen hold a current NV-1 or NV-2 level Australian Government Security Clearance.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment
- Experience working with Splunk, Tenable, Tanium, SylogNG or similar
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the relevant field
- Strong focus on customer service and outcome
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to resolve complex technical issues
- Relevant working experience and specialised training that is commensurate with the role
- ITIL foundation and practitioner.
What You'll Love
At Leidos we look after our staff. Flexible working practices, great team building initiatives, consistent learning and development opportunities, employee discounts and excellent exposure to a variety of technologies and projects are just some of the perks. We are growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be.
Our diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.