Endpoint Protection Engineer (McAfee)
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
We bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our Government customers’ most complex problems – innovative, technically advanced and highly practical. For example, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence and also support the IT environment for the Australian Taxation Office. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of Governments.
As part of the Endpoint Security team, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and continuously improving Cyber Security Infrastructure services, such as Antivirus, Application Whitelisting, Privileged Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Disk Encryption, Endpoint Firewall, Threat Detection & Response, and Device Control systems. This is a technical infrastructure role to maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of these global platforms, including responding to incidents and problems, monitoring, testing and troubleshooting, and planning for growth.
- Engineering and Maintenance of endpoint security solutions, including design, deployment, and ongoing upgrades,
- Identify, plan, and implement regular and proactive maintenance and performance improvements to the Cyber Security infrastructure to ensure it remains fit for purpose,
- Contribute to technology strategies and product selections, responding to security changes and requests by implementing and updating cyber security technologies,
- Completion of standard requests for policy updates across Application whitelisting, Host Intrusion Prevention, Device Control, and related products,
- Resolve complex service incidents in line with SLAs,
- Maintaining endpoint security solutions on workstations, VDIs and servers, in collaboration with existing application and SOE deployment team members,
- Responding to high pressure situations such as major technology incidents in a calm and structured way,
- Translating learnings from technology incidents into operational process improvements, utilising strong documentation skills,
- Work with the Security Operations Teams to tune alert feeds, reports and dashboards to meet operational needs, and
- Managing escalation of issues to 3rd line support and external vendors.
About you and what you will bring:
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security Infrastructure technologies and best practices,
- Applied working knowledge of core infrastructure technologies, such as (but not limited to) Active Directory, Windows Workstation and Server, Virtual Infrastructure, Linux, Operational tooling, Cloud services, etc,
- Applied working knowledge of Endpoint Security in cloud architecture,
- Proven hands-on McAfee Suite Experience essential, including ePolicy Orchestrator, HIPS, AV, MOVE, and Application Control,
- Experience with Lumension Device Control\Carbon Black desired,
- Experience delivering into large environments of over 20,000 endpoints desired,
- Understanding of IP networking and security principals, including the nature of common protocols and products (e.g., HTTP, SSH),
- Demonstrated technical experience in an infrastructure engineering role, including infrastructure support and change delivery,
- Understanding of current Cyber Security technology trends,
- Excellent Problem solving and analysis skills, with a high attention to detail,
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written,
- Experience maintaining relationships in a diverse, distributed team, and
- The ability to learn quickly and teach others.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current baseline security clearance.
What You’ll Love
At Leidos, you will be valued, included and supported. So if you are open-minded and keen to Be the difference, we look forward to welcoming you.