- Adelaide SA, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Your New Role
We have an opportunity to join an exciting Defence program as a Level 3 Systems Administrator, based in Adelaide. This role will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other service providers, network administrators and Level 3 Specialist Teams.
- Incident management/resolution of servers and remote satellite antennas
- Daily checking of remote satellite antenna and remote systems availability
- Closely monitoring system performance during satellite connectivity
- Maintaining operational capability of windows and Linux systems and maintaining a Linux Virtualisation platform.
- Some domestic travel required to maintain/fix antenna systems when issues present.
- Create/Maintain operational documentation for mission systems and associated services
- Liaise with external stakeholders in regards to implementation and maintenance of systems or fixes delivered under the project
- Various other tasks as directed.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-1 security clearance.
About You and What You'll Bring
This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career. We provide mentoring and training in order to help you achieve your career goals. This is a large and complex multi-vendor environment so you will be challenged in this role. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge and professional experience within technologies and domains
- Working knowledge of other related disciplines including hardware and software practices
- Intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications
- An ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Self-motivation and ability to work under pressure and to SLAs
- A willingness to learn and work towards a self-defined career path in the company
- Good written and verbal communications with the ability to write and present briefs as required, along with writing and interpreting policy
- Customer Service Advocacy - able to empathise and effectively communicate with end users and team members.
What You'll Love
At Leidos, we’ve built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.