- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
We bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our Government customers’ most complex problems – innovative, technically advanced and highly practical. For example, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence and also support the IT environment for the Australian Taxation Office. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of Governments.
Your role in the team
Leidos Australia is looking for ICT Test Engineers to join our team based in Brisbane, working as part of our talented team of engineers delivering and enhancing mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest level of availability, performance, and security. The engineering team collaborates to ensure program engineering performance, supports technical solution development and documentation, and demonstrates superb technical and systems integration competency.
The Test Engineer’s main aim is work with the System and Infrastructure Engineers and focus on helping design, develop and implement testing methods and equipment. This would mean providing the test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Development of test plans and strategies,
- Design, maintain and enhance a variety of specialised test procedures,
- Provide traceability between development requirements and test cases,
- Preparing and conducting test readiness reviews,
- Executing test procedures,
- Creating and manage test defects with Engineering and project teams,
- Development of test reports.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are an experienced Testing Engineer with an ability to work in a fast paced, project driven environment. This is part of a larger transformation program so you’ll be working in a multidisciplinary environment, collaborating with staff in Project Management, Engineering and Systems Administration. Your skills in the following areas will be highly valued:
- Experience Identifying test data and conditions required for test execution,
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) – working with multiple teams,
- Able to work under pressure of tight deadlines and evolving requirements,
- Previous Infrastructure and Software test experience is essential
- Agile and Waterfall experience
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current baseline security clearance.
What You’ll Love
At Leidos, you will be valued, included and supported. So if you are open-minded and keen to Be the difference, we look forward to welcoming you.