- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations. Whether developing and supporting technology transformation projects for the Bureau of Meteorology, providing software applications for critical Defence missions, or improving the way the ATO supports its service delivery, our work has a direct impact on the lives of Australians, and will certainly impact on your career
Your role in the team
Leidos Australia is looking for Application Packagers to join our team based in Canberra. Working as part of our multifunctional EndPoint Capability team responsible for delivering and enhancing business critical services, ensuring the highest level of availability, performance, and security.
The Application Packagers main aim is to work with application owners and vendors for application package development, integration, implementation and the creation of associated documentation.
Under the direction of a designated Team leader, perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Package applications for use on physical and non-persistent VDI platforms,
- Undertake problem diagnoses, correction and escalated support of application packages
- Assume ownership of an incident, problem or enquiry through to resolution.
- Assist with Windows 10 SOE, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Work within Change Management guidelines and ITIL framework
You’ll thrive in this role if you are an experienced Application Packager with an ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment. You will be part of a larger application packaging team currently operating within the EndPoint Capability team.
Your skills in the following areas will be highly valued:
- Extensive large organisation experience in application packaging and deployment
- Scripting (e.g.Powershell / Visual Basic)
- Competent in Windows 10, Office 365, Edge Chromium, SCCM and VMware
- Competent imaging & packaging using thick (MSI) & thin (AppV) distribution methods
- 3+ years packaging experience
- 3rd level support experience
- Highly developed and demonstrated technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills with the ability to work effectively to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Well-developed technical skills including packaging applications for use in SCCM supporting Windows 10 migrations
- Must have ability to deal with legacy Windows Application compatibility issues migrating to Windows 10 / IE 11, Operating System (SOE) deployment issues.
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework particularly in Change Management
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current baseline security clearance.
What you’ll love
Leidos is growing rapidly so you’ll enjoy having the support of sponsored training and development and the offer of a varied career path. We regularly promote from within across a range of Federal Government and Defence projects so opportunities abound. At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.
Applicants may also need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. This can place limitations on persons who hold dual nationality, permanent residency or are former nationals of certain proscribed countries.