MS SQL Database Administrator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
About your new role
Under the direction of a designated supervisor, you will perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Review the database designs and make recommendations for upgrades, designs and implementations;
- Implement and test database upgrades;
- Design and implement data migration activities;
- Maintain database design and implementation documentation;
- Implement organisational objectives for database improvement and compliance with industry standards;
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
About you and what you'll bring
- Professional experience working as a MicroSoft SQL Database Administration in a large enterprise environment;
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment;
- Proven experience administering, configuring and managing a large scale SQL environment;
- Experience supporting SQL server instances;
- Demonstrated experience with Service Level and Performance Management;
- Have a strong focus on customer service;
- Strong planning and organising skills;
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with attention to details.
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen with current NV-1 or NV-2 security clearance.
The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.