Transition Support Coordinator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations. Whether developing and supporting technology transformation projects for the Bureau of Meteorology, providing software applications for critical Defence missions, or improving the way the ATO supports its service delivery, our work has a direct impact on the lives of Australians, and will certainly impact on your career.
Your New Role
We are a growing Program team that specialises in IT infrastructure based projects related to WIN10 in the Defence space. It’s an exciting time to be in our team, with a strong pipeline of interesting and complex projects.
Our team is very fast paced and work through numerous challenges to deliver client outcomes. We are seeking dedicated and resilient individuals, who embrace hard work, and want to make a difference. In return, you will experience professional growth and work with similar individuals with varying levels of industry experience, management at all levels and various technical SMEs across a broad range of disciplines. We offer training aligned with your role and career path.
Join a dynamic and fast paced team as the Transition Support Coordinator. This role will see you drive the execution of Transition Support for successful program delivery team in a complex defence environment. You will work closely with the Project Manager and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including our subcontract parties to ensure smooth transitions. This includes:
- Hosting regular transition meetings with all relevant technical towers to ensure all Project prerequisites are met and are aligned to the customer contract;
- Work in collaboration with the BAU Service Transition Team and align with the required processes;
- Managing the successful implementation of projects through the Service Transition process, through to and including formal acceptance;
- Own and author the STAC (Service Transition Acceptance Certificate) document, that collates all relevant project information to facilitate acceptance of the project and handover to BAU;
- Negotiating with stakeholders at all levels to find a way forward, where blockages arise;
- Providing Service Transition subject matter expertise for the project managers and the PS leadership team;
- Preparing weekly status reports related to Service Transition status;
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
About You and What You'll Bring
You have demonstrated experience in TPS ideally from a defence background in large scale IT projects. You have sound knowledge of the ITIL IT Service Management methodologies and practices. You are proactive and have delivered process or relationship improvements in your prior roles, driven by your creative thinking and strong interpersonal skills. You have a fundamental knowledge of Project Management practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Meeting facilitation skills;
- ITIL V3 or 4 Foundations - highly advantageous;
- Resiliency and confidence dealing with complex situations and people; and
- Strong critical thinker with the analytical skills to lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation.
What You’ll Love
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a Baseline security clearance.
At Leidos, you will be valued, included and supported. So if you are open-minded and keen to Be the difference, we look forward to welcoming you.
The successful candidate may need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements applicable to this role, and your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.