Incident and Problem Coordinator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
At Leidos, we deliver practical solutions to the Federal Government’s most complex IT engineering problems. And, as a Prime Systems Integrator, these are often on a scale and variety rarely seen by other organisations. Whether developing and supporting technology transformation projects for the Bureau of Meteorology, providing software applications for critical Defence missions, or improving the way the ATO supports its service delivery, our work has a direct impact on the lives of Australians, and will certainly impact on your career.
Your New Role
We are a growing Program team that specialises in IT infrastructure based projects related to WIN10 in the Defence space. It’s an exciting time to be in our team, with a strong pipeline of interesting and complex projects.
Our team is very fast paced and work through numerous challenges to deliver client outcomes. We are seeking dedicated and resilient individuals, who embrace hard work, and want to make a difference. In return, you will experience professional growth and work with similar individuals with varying levels of industry experience, management at all levels and various technical SMEs across a broad range of disciplines. We offer training aligned with your role and career path.
Are you an Incident and Problem Coordinator looking for a change? We have a great opportunity for a coordinator to join our team based in Canberra, providing support to our busy program team.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor the assignment group inboxes associated with the Program team for incidents and problems that require action,
- Facilitate required incident/problem meetings within a project context,
- Create and manage incident/problem records using ServiceNow as required,
- Manage defects logged in Microfocus ALM,
- Ensure timely updates and resolution of related work task, incident, problem and defects,
- Coordinate and drive incident/defect resolution,
- Facilitate problem management meetings. Determine the root cause for recurring incidents,
- Create process documents and procedures. Ensure continual improvement,
- Determine workarounds, link incidents to problem records,
- Manage and escalate high priority or backlog incidents,
- Understand and comply with the company and client policy and procedures,
- Create, maintain and ensure awareness of processes to all staff,
- Work with the Change and Release team to document incidents or problems caused by failed or unauthorised change,
- Write up Executive Summary level documentation for highly visible investigations, and
- Produce reports on time with high quality and accuracy.
About You and What You'll Bring
We are looking for a team member who has a strong customer focus, is outcome driven, and has the ability to interpret the needs of our client by bringing the below:
- A demonstrated ‘can-do’, pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve client objectives,
- Meeting facilitation skills with the ability to perform in high pressure situations,
- Resiliency and confidence dealing with complex situations and people,
- Strong critical thinker with the analytical skills to lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation,
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant ITIL practices, standards and regulations,
- Ability to work autonomously or with minimal supervision, and deliver completed work on schedule,
- Communicate complex information in simple terms (oral and written) for both technical and business teams,
- Excellent relationship management skills, written and verbal,
- 2+ years of experience providing coordination of incidents and problems in the Information Technology industry,
- ITIL V3 or 4 Foundations - highly advantageous,
- Familiar with ServiceNow or similar ITSM toolset, and
- Familiar with Microfocus ALM or similar testing toolset.
What You’ll Love
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold an NV-1 security clearance.
At Leidos, you will be valued, included and supported. So if you are open-minded and keen to Be the difference, we look forward to welcoming you.
The successful candidate may need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements applicable to this role, and your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.