- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Due to our ongoing success, the Leidos family is growing rapidly across Melbourne and Canberra. This year is set to be an amazing year of growth and we need your skills to help us continue to meet our stretch growth targets.
We are a large-scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 39,000 global network, we currently number 1,450 locally, the majority of which are based in Canberra and Melbourne. We are growing fast and building a business that is focused and fit for the future.
This role is responsible for maintaining knowledge of the global threat environment and proactively assessing risk and response strategies to potential emerging threats. It includes undertaking:
- SIEM configuration/tuning
- Security Alert Triage
- Security Incident Response
- Security Reporting.
The role will also require the following attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on customer service and outcome
- Strong in resources coordination, planning and organising
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to resolve complex technical issues
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- ITIL foundations (nice to have not essential)
- Configuring and tuning SIEMs
- Engaging with other relevant technical groups including service desk personnel and system engineers to facilitate the collection of data, and provision of information relevant to supporting related capabilities
- Understanding output from SIEMs in the context of the environment, escalating incidents appropriately and providing meaningful reporting
- Experience with the relevant technologies and domains, including system logging and log auditing.
Desirable experience includes the following:
- Configuring and tuning Splunk
- System Logging
- Palo Alto
- Trend Micro Deep Security
- Clearswift Secure Email Gateway
- Service Now
- Working in Classified environments
- Service desk tools
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a minimum NV-1 security clearance.
What You'll Love
At Leidos we look after our staff. Flexible working practices, great team building initiatives, consistent learning and development opportunities, employee discounts and excellent exposure to a variety of technologies and projects are just some of the perks. We are growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be.
Our diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.