Systems Administrator - Microsoft Specialist
- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Your New Role
Please note this role will be shortlisted in 2021.
The role will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties include: setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, supporting print services, exchange administration, project support.
This position will entail interaction with end users and evaluation of vendor products. Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Provide technical input into automation activities.
About You and What You'll bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos Australia’s objectives.
- Specialist expertise in administration of Microsoft software;
- Ideally hold a Microsoft Certification (MCSA);
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and professional experience within technologies and domains;
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field;
- Working knowledge of other related disciplines including hardware and software practices;
- Proven ability to read and generate technical drawings;
- Intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV2 security clearance.
What You'll Love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.