- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
Your Challenge (Multiple roles available)
Are you an experienced security architect? Or, looking to transition from an engineering role? Do you believe that systems should be designed securely from the outset and not just validated at conclusion?
Working with a team of solution architects and engineers, you will be become a trusted security advisor to a Federal Agency customer. You will collaboratively design secure systems that meet our customer’s needs. You will present new security and technology solutions to meet requirements whilst being part of a supportive and integrated team with peers in Pre-Sales, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, and Security Architecture. You will be capable of building strong relationships working closely with customer stakeholders, Architecture and Security teams.
In a typical day, you will:
- Lead security focused project activities to ensure requirements are captured and solutions align with the customer and Leidos strategic direction
- Derive, review, interpret and respond to customer security requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current and future road map technologies
- Contribute to the design and definition of the security solution components contributing to High Level Designs (HLDs) and Detailed Level Designs (DLDs) for new or existing systems
- Contribute to the security technologies, basis of estimates (BOE) and bill of materials (BOM) for proposals
- Engage with the Account CTO and CISO on solutions and alignment to existing and pipeline security solutions
- Lead the pre-sales security requirements gathering, technical design and other system-related workshops
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Architecture and Security team to support security design compliance and governance activities with projects
- Develop and maintain models of current and future security architectures within defined solutions
- Present business cases for security solutions, considering cost, infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Engage with a range of security technology vendors, conduct technical assessments and provide recommendations and advice to the customer
About you and what you'll bring:
You have demonstrated experience in:
- Customer engagement and eliciting requirements from stakeholders
- Consulting on new and evolving security technologies and concepts
- Authoring and delivering security solution proposals, business cases and/or supporting bids for internal and external stakeholders
- Whole of Government security risk management frameworks, policy and documentation
You are a seasoned IT Professional, ideally with a breadth and depth of experience across the spectrum of Security Architecture and Governance in a Government and/or a highly regulated industry.
Tertiary, Professional qualifications or certifications related to End User Technologies and supporting infrastructure are highly desirable.
Experience across the breadth of on-premise and cloud (Azure and M365) Microsoft technologies are also highly desirable.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen, undergo an Australian Police Check and be able to attain a baseline or NV1 security clearance.
What You'll Love
This is a fast growing business currently implementing a range of business improvement initiatives, so you’ll have the chance to see some market leading technologies implemented across the function along with contributing to building further on the progressive work currently being developed. We offer a flexible working environment where it’s possible to design your ideal work week.
You’ll be joining a fun and friendly team who support each other closely and love to celebrate together.