- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
Leidos Australia is the largest commercial supplier of intelligence services to the Australian Government and provides a number of critical systems integration projects to the Department of Defence. We also deliver service management, including service desk, for the Australian Tax Office, supporting 25,000 ATO end users.
- Build a career as a PM – No project experience required
- We provide your training and development including PM Certifications
- Be the glue that holds our team together
Your new role
We have an opportunity for a Project Administrator to provide support to a mission critical program.
As part of the Project team this role provides the maintenance of project and program documentation, registers and reports and ensuring documentation configuration control is applied. This will also see you provide secretariat support to Project governance forums including creating and circulating meeting materials and recording meeting minutes. Due to complex security requirements, your role will be essential in delivering communications to the project team who are offsite and working on different networks. You’ll coordinate correspondence, liaise with the team to manage security clearances and desk allocation and manage a varied range of operational tasks that enable this team to deliver their critical work.
'A day in life' will be;
- Driving team connections and community; you will bring the corporate Leidos communications to the project team and keep them connected with company updates, information and events;
- Network across other Project teams at Leidos to bring fresh ideas and improvements to the team;
- Seek out opportunities to celebrate wins as a team via team newsletters or events or initiatives;
- Provide secretariat support to Project meetings, both internal and external, including the creation of meeting materials and recording and circulating minutes.
- Participate in the operational aspects of projects and serves as liaison between management and project teams.
- Maintain project toolsets to identify, track and otherwise manage action items and deliverables arising from or associated with execution of project business rhythms and processes.
- Provide general support to Project Managers in the delivery of milestones;
- Manage security requirements for team members and more.
About You and What You'll Bring
We hire for attitude and aptitude - someone who is seeking a first step into the Project Management career path. You are organised, enjoy building relationships across the business and love bringing your own ideas to the team.
- Previous professional administration experience preferably in IT/Defence
- Minimum Baseline Clearance however NV1 would be an advantage
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite and Sharepoint;
- A passion for learning;
- A collaborative approach as a team player, your team can’t operate without you!
Additional information – What you’ll love
- The team; we work hard, celebrate together and are passionate about doing meaningful work that matters for Australia
- The career development on offer; we fund your certification in PM and give you on the job learning to grow you into a qualified Project Manager
- Our flexibility – You’ll get RDOs, access to internal social groups, community volunteering and more.
What You’ll Love
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.