Chief Engineer Lead
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
The first thing you learn at Leidos Australia is to leave current thinking at the door. Our aim is to make the world a safer, healthier and more efficient place, but we won’t get far using existing ideas. We need incisive minds like yours to weave together information technology, engineering and science skills into practical solutions for the most complex and high risk challenges.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Engineering Lead to support a multi-year Defence program to deliver an enterprise Health Knowledge Management System. This capability will enable better clinical decision making for the ADF.
As Chief Engineer Lead you will be the Design Authority for a software-centric enterprise data integration and discovery platform within the Defence C4ISR domain. This is a rare opportunity to provide engineering governance for an important Defence program and a step through the door to many more.
Your familiarity and expertise with systems and software engineering and your deep technical knowledge will allow you to certify that the system design meets all regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve technical documentation to support system delivery
- Oversee management of documentation baselines as development progresses ensuring the alignment of the As-Built Mission and Support systems, as delivered by a large engineering team
- Delegate technical authority as appropriate to designers and integrators
- Develop and enforce optimised engineering processes required to minimise engineering risks and achieve the desired engineering outcomes
- Chair technical reviews at varying levels with management and customers, including oversight of subcontractor contributions
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders including the Defence DAAR
You have a Bachelor degree or higher in engineering, computer science or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training. Chartered engineer or similar professional status would be desirable, and an NV1 security clearance is required for this role.
Coupled with your education you have:
- Substantial professional experience working in a senior engineering role in large and complex projects with a demonstrable record of success and achievement
- Substantial experience of working within Defence regulatory frameworks including the Technical Assurance Framework and TRAMM-L
- Knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including systems and enterprise architecture, software and ICT engineering and interface protocols
- Experience working as a design engineer or architect providing design solutions for complex information management systems
- Experience working on large, complex ICT or health projects and a solid understanding of the Defence ICT environment
Your personal and professional attributes include strong and proven problem solving and organisational skills, and you are highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while managing priorities, dependencies and risk. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to coach and mentor others to further the professional development of the team.
This role can either be based in Melbourne or Canberra and applicants will need to be able to hold and maintain a security clearance to the NV1 level.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. .